What's your next brew

We've got a big family vacation coming up and I'm debating taking up a keg of beer. Maybe a SMaSH with light Munich and Triumph. I'm also thinking about adding some lime peel to the fermenter for an amber lager with lime type recipe. Hmmm... we'll have to make a 7 hour drive with the keg and then keep it on ice in a tub when we're drinking it. Could be doable...
Make sure you take it off the gas for trip.

Make sure you take it off the gas for trip.
Here's how I did recently @Sunfire96 .
20220528_134703.jpg

This bunyip took about an hour after we got there to settle back down.

I did another pilsner beer for Christmas one year and I ended up racking that into another keg off the trub it was pouring clear to see through after second pour.

Brewing My Mild next as well Josh will probably fall in close with your brew day will be a couple weeks time for me.
I'm still overnight no chill steeping a packet (400g) of chopped up dates.
Will probably add some flaked oats as per Drew's Recommendations seeing as he is Mad about Mild.

that’s about right for me. I need to drink a keg to make room :)

It is so damned hot in Atlanta, but in honor of @Josh Hughes returning home, I'll finally get to brewing his bitter this Saturday. I hope to start at 6 am and finish by 10.

I pretty much had the same plan; stop at the LHBS on Friday and brew an ESB on Saturday.....in honor of Josh's successful mission to give Disney all his money! But, last night my daughter tested positive for Covid. She is young, vaccinated and boosted so, she should be fine. She lives at home and works in a day care so, it was kind of inevitable she would pick it up. My son's high school graduation on Sunday is also a possible source of infection. We got overconfident and left our masks at home.:oops: But, I'm blaming the babies and toddlers whose cuteness draws you close, right before they cough and sneeze in your face! ;) Anyway, can't really go into my LHBS to mill my grain so I guess brewing will be delayed yet again.:(

I pretty much had the same plan; stop at the LHBS on Friday and brew an ESB on Saturday.....in honor of Josh's successful mission to give Disney all his money! But, last night my daughter tested positive for Covid. She is young, vaccinated and boosted so, she should be fine. She lives at home and works in a day care so, it was kind of inevitable she would pick it up. My son's high school graduation on Sunday is also a possible source of infection. We got overconfident and left our masks at home.:oops: But, I'm blaming the babies and toddlers whose cuteness draws you close, right before they cough and sneeze in your face! ;) Anyway, can't really go into my LHBS to mill my grain so I guess brewing will be delayed yet again.:(
That sux man I hope you can somehow dodge it. I've herd of families getting it and somehow one of them comes through unscathed.

Pity you can't to a pic up drive by style of pre milled ready to go grains...

That sux man I hope you can somehow dodge it. I've herd of families getting it and somehow one of them comes through unscathed.

Pity you can't to a pic up drive by style of pre milled ready to go grains...

I could go that route. But it would cost me a few dollars more (I usually bring in my own bulk base grain) and if I do get sick, it will likely be this weekend. So far I am feeling fine.
20_f.png

Bit late to post about my "next" brew, as it is already bubbling away...but it is my very first (after 11+ years) pilsner!
I have my system down pretty well and hit all of the relevant numbers consistently, but I am still very nervous about this one. It is a SMASH and I don't have any experience with Saazer hops...and I am worried that the local water is not the best for a pils.
....will see how it turns out. :)

Last edited:

Back