"Exceeded batch size" error ????

OkanaganMike

Trial Member
Reaction score
Never seen this before. Anyone know what it means or how it happened? Not sure what water to start with now and will try and compare past like recipes to determine. ????
upload_2022-5-7_9-21-20.png

@OkanaganMike

That warning is showing up because it seems the Pre/Post boil volumes will not line up with your recipes batch size.

Looking at the snipper, the postboil volume of 6.32G will result in a batch size of 6.19G, and not the 5.5 gallons listed as your batch size.

If you open the recipe, and click the "calc" button for the pre/post boil volumes this will update and resolve itself to be self consistent and result in your recipe batch size (based on the equipment losses you've selected).

@OkanaganMike

That warning is showing up because it seems the Pre/Post boil volumes will not line up with your recipes batch size.

Looking at the snipper, the postboil volume of 6.32G will result in a batch size of 6.19G, and not the 5.5 gallons listed as your batch size.

If you open the recipe, and click the "calc" button for the pre/post boil volumes this will update and resolve itself to be self consistent and result in your recipe batch size (based on the equipment losses you've selected).
After scouring the page I finally found the calc button, hit it and it did adjust the water amount so did a test brew day but it did not resolve the issue. :( This is a standard recipe I've just created with the only difference being a 70min boil time. Could that be the issue?
upload_2022-5-8_8-3-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-5-8_8-3-20.png
    upload_2022-5-8_8-3-20.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 47
@OkanaganMike

Well that's strange. I'll investigate more, looking at the recipe now it does look normal and shouldn't be triggering any warnings...

Got it figured out, thanks for the info @OkanaganMike

Looks like we're doing a straight comparison if this is greater than or not, with no allowable threshold, and the exact value it wants for the postboil volume is 5.625G. Since 5.63 > 5.625, the warning gets generated. If I changed it to 5.624 it wasn't there, but 5.626 it was.

We'll get that patched, thanks again!

Back