December

Planning a first pint of my dunkel and “This Beer’s in shambles”

Hi Josh, I'm sure your shambles is not like the origin...
The Shambles is an old street in York, England, with overhanging timber-framed buildings, some dating back as far as the fourteenth century. It was once known as The Great Flesh Shambles, probably from the Anglo-Saxon Fleshammels, the word for the shelves that butchers used to display their meat. As recently as 1885, thirty-one butchers' shops were located along the street, but now none remain.

Unless you mean it has a lot of body...

:)

Hi Josh, I'm sure your shambles is not like the origin...
The Shambles is an old street in York, England, with overhanging timber-framed buildings, some dating back as far as the fourteenth century. It was once known as The Great Flesh Shambles, probably from the Anglo-Saxon Fleshammels, the word for the shelves that butchers used to display their meat. As recently as 1885, thirty-one butchers' shops were located along the street, but now none remain.

Unless you mean it has a lot of body...

:)
Haha yeah just naming after the place. Was one of the funnest parts of my trips to Britain was just walking around there by myself and popping in a few pubs to get a taste. :) Yeah the actual meaning is hopefully not a good description of my beer lol. We will see in a few o_O

There's a York in Pennsylvania, too.
Not the same though...
See you all soon

It must be 2pm Mountain time somewhere...

I don’t think I will be making it today. What with you know the date and all. Hope everyone is having a good time.

Oh… whoops. My calendar item lied to me!

Yeah, we changed it, being Christmas and all.

Back