Brew log entry target temp question

beernutzbob

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I add a Brew Log entry for a Brew Session, below the Temperature field there is a Target Temp listed. Where does this temp come from?

On my oatmeal stout session Brew Log entry attached below the Target Temp is listed as 19.4F but I assume this should be 19.4C. Is there a way to modify this target temp?

Attachments

• BF_target_temp.jpg
    BF_target_temp.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Thanks for reaching out @beernutzbob that comes from the yeast section of the recipe, where the default value is the average of the yeast recommended fermentation temp range.

upload_2021-10-23_11-56-20.png

19.4 F is not the avg of 54F-77F
Right there's clearly some unit conversion issue at play here that I'm unable to reproduce. If you add a yeast and convert the recipe or your general settings to the other unit system that value does automatically convert correctly.

I'm not sure how old or where that recipe came from, was it copied from another user and edited? @beernutzbob, but if you have any additional information to share we can try and isolate this.

I used the brewers friend import recipes tool to import one of my Beersmith 2 recipes. I attached the .bsmx file I imported except I added the .txt extension to it so I could upload it to the forum.

Attachments

• oatmeal_coffee.bsmx.txt
    27.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I used the brewers friend import recipes tool to import one of my Beersmith 2 recipes. I attached the .bsmx file I imported except I added the .txt extension to it so I could upload it to the forum.
Thanks that really helps, we'll put in a ticket to resolve that.

Back