Minbari's Kegerator Build

Little more progress

20211002_142817.jpg

Ooooh! I like that! A 1/4" triple-O-flute spiral upcut!

1/2" :p

Yup for the router. Cleaner edges on rabbets and dados than a straight cut
Takes a bit of doing with a router I find but yup cleaner indeed.
I'm mussing on my next glycol cabinet wondering how to go about its joinery I'm thinking ply inlays inside the pine frame .
Similar to your build but I'm sure wont be as pollished:p

Takes a bit of doing with a router I find but yup cleaner indeed.
I'm mussing on my next glycol cabinet wondering how to go about its joinery I'm thinking ply inlays inside the pine frame .
Similar to your build but I'm sure wont be as pollished:p
If you don't use miters, you can use pocket hole joints. Nice and strong.

I find that the hardest part is getting the the inlay piece perfectly square. If it isn't, the frame work will have gaps

If you don't use miters, you can use pocket hole joints. Nice and strong.

I find that the hardest part is getting the the inlay piece perfectly square. If it isn't, the frame work will have gaps
Exactly and I know my skill level what I'll do is rebait the timber and glue the ply on the inside so the panel face covers any imperfections;).
Either that or I'm thinking of 3mm ply so maybe I'll run the saw up em maybe 10mm in from face and install the frame around the ply similar to what you've done no?

Exactly and I know my skill level what I'll do is rebait the timber and glue the ply on the inside so the panel face covers any imperfections;).
Either that or I'm thinking of 3mm ply so maybe I'll run the saw up em maybe 10mm in from face and install the frame around the ply similar to what you've done no?
The door I used 1/2" ply and 3/4" frame from solid oak. Routed a 1/2" rabbet into the frame so the inlay would sit in it from behind. Hides any imperfections and gives a raised panel look.

The top I literally glued the frame to the ply, 3/4" all around. Took a couple tries to get it perfectly sized, lol. Measure 4x times cut 3 is my motto, lol

Belt sander i see bloody beauty thatll make 0Llp00ppllooplpplp
The random orbit was just not cutting it for rough sanding.

You do have to be careful with these things. Easy to gouge if you don't keep it level

The random orbit was just not cutting it for rough sanding.

You do have to be careful with these things. Easy to gouge if you don't keep it level
Yeah I use an orbital it takes forever on the rough stuff.
Hey I was watching this clip on woodworker smoothing the surface of an rough sawn slab with a router with a massive bit on.
I'm gonna give this a try next time I need to really RIP into some timber.

Back