Trialbens Glycol Build.

Was thinking of using a SSR:D not overkill is it:rolleyes:?
Depend on the controller. If it is a simple on/off, then no need.

If it is a PID then an ssr can switch much faster than a mech relay.

I use ssr for the heating element in my fermentors and for the solenoid control on the valves for the glycol

Depend on the controller. If it is a simple on/off, then no need.

If it is a PID then an ssr can switch much faster than a mech relay.

I use ssr for the heating element in my fermentors and for the solenoid control on the valves for the glycol
Thankyou I hope I havnt stuffed up i found it harder then expected.
This is what I got 12V DC/ 240v AC 2amp
s-l400.jpg

You rekon itll run a 30watt heat belt ?

Woohoo i knew there was a maths thing to work out the amps.
Cheers Minibari I owe you a Hombrew;).
Oh I saw I ordered a pack of 5 so I gotta few spare :)
Lol ok. If I am ever in Australia.

Your comments about SSR type relays sparked a bit of off topic curiosity. I replaced a lot of standard mechanical relays back in the 70s at a job I had in those days. I looked briefly at ebay at ssr relays and was wondering , are they all just single pole or do they come in multible pole versions like using them for a three phase motor?

Your comments about SSR type relays sparked a bit of off topic curiosity. I replaced a lot of standard mechanical relays back in the 70s at a job I had in those days. I looked briefly at ebay at ssr relays and was wondering , are they all just single pole or do they come in multible pole versions like using them for a three phase motor?
I'd imagine it would if you had the right search words.
Its above my experience though Westie I'm able to just connect the wires in the right order in most cases lol:rolleyes:.

If you are switching AC most of them just use triacs, so you would just use more to switch on a more phases.
The DC switch use mosfets.

For higher current, heat becomes an issue so I doubt you would use them. A remote contactor would work better. Plus you wouldn't be turning it on and off quickly. Mostly you would use em for fast switching.

For my use, i need to switch solenoid liquid valves at 50mS speeds. Mechanical relays don't work very well

They are. You can also use three single-phase relays, but there is a danger if one of the units fails.

They are. You can also use three single-phase relays, but there is a danger if one of the units fails.
Thing is with SSR is that they don't have "contacts" so a multi pole is still just more than one device in a single package. I would rather have individual devices if one fails. Less to replace.

Remember that the outside of the cabinet is the condenser for the refrigeration unit and you'll need a way to move the heat away from it after you cover it up.

Remember that the outside of the cabinet is the condenser for the refrigeration unit and you'll need a way to move the heat away from it after you cover it up.
Yeah there will be paneling outside but an air gap between maybe 40mm I hope this will suffice the cabinet end will.be more open as well as the back.
If need be I can run a fan that kicks on with the compressor.
Keggerator keezer has been holding up so far behind its cabinet fingers crossed.

Oh while I think of it. Got this cleaning solution of the net it's a spray on wipe off style cleaner for showers bath ect no scrubbing required.
I found it does a great job on the mouldy stained freezer as well.

50/50 = solution Dawn dish soap / vinegar
I do 1 cup dish soap 1 cup vinegar zap in the microwave high 1 min stir gently to combine add to spray bottle.

Spray on dirty surfaces leave for a couple of hours if you can. Come back rinse and wipe of with cloth. I use combination of scrubber and cloath. Works a bloody treat I tell ya.

But make sure you have plenty rinse water this stuff foams up a plenty I wouldn't use it anywhere you wouldnt be able to liberally wash down.

Cheers

@Trialben that wood you used for the collar, is that 'fine' wood or plain construction lumber (what I'd call a 2x4, technically 1-5/8" x 3-5/8") ??

Back