I visited a brewery today!

What's the rule on posting about breweries with bad beer :rolleyes: I wouldn't order any of these beers again; right to left berliner weisse (tastes like the lacto fermentation had too much oxygen, I did that twice before :confused: looks murky, tastes murky)
Gose (darkest gose I've seen, too much coriander for me)
Irish Cream Stout (roast flavor is burnt/acrid, sweeter that I was expecting)
IPA (bad, real bad, but can't explain why. Not a hazy/juicy IPA, but the flavor is off for sure. Very orange forward and bitter)

I'm hesitant to post the name of the brewery, but I don't think they distribute out of central VA, so you should all be safe lol ;) some of the name is visible on the beer tray, that should suffice
20210702_165146.jpg

Last edited:
I say just move some of those glasses around and we can figure it out.
I went to a brewery I like Tuesday and everything tasted like fruit purée. To be fair, first 2 in my flight were fruited ipas , but Yuk

What's the rule on posting about breweries with bad beer :rolleyes: I wouldn't order any of these beers again; right to left berliner weisse (tastes like the lacto fermentation had too much oxygen, I did that twice before :confused: looks murky, tastes murky)
IPA (bad, real bad, but can't explain why. Not a hazy/juicy IPA, but the flavor is off for sure. Very orange forward and bitter)

I'm hesitant to post the name of the brewery, but I don't think they distribute out of central VA, so you should all be safe lol ;) some of the name is visible on the beer tray, that should suffice
View attachment 16456
Hmm.. That’s very “strange”. ;)
Cool serving tray though.

View attachment 16456
The game wheel did not spin in your favor. Time to walk away from that table.

It is possible* that it's you and not the beer. So posting your opinions of beer and/or brewery are fair game. But be kind and factual where feasible.

*Albeit highly unlikely.

It is possible* that it's you and not the beer. So posting your opinions of beer and/or brewery are fair game. But be kind and factual where feasible.

*Albeit highly unlikely.
I was kind enough not to name the brewery

There are a few breweries a short distance from me that, in my opinion, do not make good beer. They are all quite successful though. Two of them have sku's in our state run liquor outlet (you need to have some significant production to qualify for this), so they must be doing something right I guess. Craft Brewers tend to brew what they like, and brew it they way they like it, so it could just be a "personal taste" thing. Hopefully there other craft breweries for you to enjoy.

There are a few breweries a short distance from me that, in my opinion, do not make good beer. They are all quite successful though. Two of them have sku's in our state run liquor outlet (you need to have some significant production to qualify for this), so they must be doing something right I guess. Craft Brewers tend to brew what they like, and brew it they way they like it, so it could just be a "personal taste" thing. Hopefully there other craft breweries for you to enjoy.
Plenty of other breweries, no worries there. I've been to this place twice before without issues, maybe they need to clean the beer lines or something *shrug* I don't feel the need to return and try again :p

Yeah, there's one brewery near here where I just don't like what they brew. It's not bad or evil, just not what i prefer. It's a nice place but there are plenty of other options and they seem to be successful so...

Visited another good brewery and had a really nice neipa , then a Helles to inspire for my upcoming helles. it had some strong lingering lemony-tart flavor. dunno if it was on purpose or not . Not good

At $7 a pint, I'd be more than happy to share my opinion especially if I know I'm right about the defect!

You don't have to be disagreeable to disagree, I mean don't go all Karen on the manager but I'll bet the brewer would appreciate you helping his quality control more than any of their other, less observant or those with a less educated palate would.

Man oh man, what a great day! My bday is later this week, but I celebrated early with my family and SO. Started at the local beer/burger joint for lunch, went to Stone Brewing RVA, then Center of the Universe Brewing for my beloved Pocahoptas (and more), and finally dinner at my favorite pizza place. I may or may not have ended the evening with a PBR...but it hit the spot!
20210705_142553.jpg
20210705_144925.jpg
20210705_142614.jpg
20210705_162923.jpg
20210705_173424.jpg
20210705_191647.jpg

One of PA’s finest. Has to be the most unassuming brewery you will ever happen across. Almost drove right past it.

E778865C-998C-4E36-8332-F61AE5CB3383.jpeg

3E214741-A3D4-41C0-B9E5-E4C5E479A855.jpeg

If any brewery lives by the motto “go big or go home”, it’s Weyerbacher.

9814BB35-E02C-4205-9DD5-F31CC56C99F0.jpeg

From the back of the bar looking out the front door.

88B9673D-5780-44A1-8B72-A299571D2F98.jpeg

A small sample of all that I had to drink! Hard to choose favorites, we really enjoyed everything that we had.

42B8A508-812E-44EB-950B-BC9BC41E6D4E.jpeg

Coolest part of the day was watching them bottle their Imperial Pumpkin Ale that will be released in the coming months. The bartender was super cool and allowed us to sample some right off the bottling line! Keep an eye out for it, it was very good…and I emphatically do not like pumpkin beers. Here are some cases after packaging.

BADC90D4-67B5-45C6-994A-CC31719BB182.jpeg

Some spoils. We had to go for a cool 3 hundy, all in all. No matter, I was in heaven.

74F1BF51-5A3D-44DE-99E8-A23C6ABEC27D.jpeg

Easton, PA, cool little town. They aren’t messing around are they ! Big brews

Slow day at the office, so popped in to see my buddies Keith and Wayne at Jackass Brewing. The brothers grew up constantly calling each other Jackass, hence the name of the brewery! Keith is canning beer, two at a time by hand this afternoon. Further reasoning for me having no interest in going pro... They usually only have one or two that I like on tap, one today actually. Sunkist NEIPA, quite good, but not great. Great guys though
20210723_151157.jpg

Back