Water calculator reload

MadCactusBrewing

Trial Member
Reaction score
I create a recipe and want to use a previous water calculation but I can't seem to link it. I save the recipe, click link and when in the calculator I reload the record I used previously for a similar beer. I save it and go back to the recipe but there is no link. I tried this by saving as a new record but it won't link, either. The only way to link a water calculation is to make a new one. What am I doing wrong?

I'm going to let @Yooper take this one, she's much more familiar with the Water calculator than I am.

I create a recipe and want to use a previous water calculation but I can't seem to link it. I save the recipe, click link and when in the calculator I reload the record I used previously for a similar beer. I save it and go back to the recipe but there is no link. I tried this by saving as a new record but it won't link, either. The only way to link a water calculation is to make a new one. What am I doing wrong?

You should be able to load one here:
628F5364-C162-4BA3-B3E6-26C51BCD2496.jpeg

Can you do that? Either by record ID number or making the list?

I can load the desired ID of a previous recipe with no problem. I save it under the new recipe name that’s already entered. Then I go back to the recipe and click update recipe but there is no link shown even though it says “done”. And the water ingredients are not updated. I’ve tried this numerous times. I end up just reading the old water calculations and creating a new one from scratch. It links just fine.
I’ve tried this on my Mac Mini (Safari) and my iPad. I can try a different browser, maybe?

I can load the desired ID of a previous recipe with no problem. I save it under the new recipe name that’s already entered. Then I go back to the recipe and click update recipe but there is no link shown even though it says “done”. And the water ingredients are not updated. I’ve tried this numerous times. I end up just reading the old water calculations and creating a new one from scratch. It links just fine.
I’ve tried this on my Mac Mini (Safari) and my iPad. I can try a different browser, maybe?

Maybe- I"m using Chrome and it seems to be working for me.

Solution was just a few screen pixels away. When I wanted to load a saved water profile I brought up the list and clicked on the ID, not the name. Took me a few tries with different browsers to notice that the URL is different for the ID and the profile name in the list. So Safari works the way it should, with a few minor quirks that I can live with. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Now back to brewing.

Back