Mobile App Announcement: Beta testing

Pricelessbrewing

BF Software Manager
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Brewer's Friend users and community,

If you haven't been following along with the changelog, our priorities have been split between small updates to the main recipe builder, specifically targeting volumes, QWR, and the mash guidelines overhaul, as well as releasing modern mobile apps for Android and iOS. We've recently hired an additional developer that has done a great job working with some updates to QWR, inventory deductions and some other small patches that have been really good improvements, while the rest of the team has focused on the mobile apps.

upload_2021-3-9_16-27-51.png
upload_2021-3-9_16-30-57.png
upload_2021-3-9_16-28-47.png
upload_2021-3-9_16-32-12.png

We're happy to announce that the mobile apps have been released for internal testing, and are looking to release the app for public beta testing early next week if all goes well. As this is currently in alpha stage, please remember there will be some features that don't work yet, pages that aren't stylized yet that small layout or aesthetic issues.

If there is anyone that is interested in the mobile apps, please join us in the beta testing sub-forum, and/or message @Yooper or myself for access if you do not have access already.

how do I get an invite to the beta?

Thanks, I saw that but I've no idea where to find the beta testing sub-forum. I looked at the top-level links and searched. No idea

@Yooper I'd love access if possible. I'm a product manger by trade so happy to lend some feedback (or keep it to myself if you've got enough cooks in the kitchen)

@drdp

You should be able to see the beta test forum now- it’s in the middle of the forum page. If not, please let me know!
Thanks for volunteering to help out- we appreciate that.

Can I be included in the beta program?

I promise to provide lots of feedback.

I also couldn’t find the Beta thread in the forums.

Can I be included in the beta program?

I promise to provide lots of feedback.

I also couldn’t find the Beta thread in the forums.
@Yooper will be able to provide access to the beta subforums.

Please join us there, we have one small issue to resolve before opening up to beta testers, we should be on track to do so on monday. I will be posting further updates and instructions in the beta forum, and will send emails out to the addresses listed in your accounts.

I personally would love to be involved in the Beta if possible. I typically run my brew days through the web interface on mobile which is more user friendly than the old app, however, definitely excited to get hands on with the mobile app.

Hi guys, if I can help with the beta I'm here.

Tech enthusiast, former partner and product manager in an app developing company, Brewersfriend avid user

Thanks everyone for your interest, have a lot of notifications to run through this morning. Give me a bit to compile and vet the users, and send out invites.

@Yooper - I'm also very interested in the app beta testing - I have been waiting for this for a while, so really keen to see what you guys have come up with :) I'm currently an IT project manager, previous systems tester, implementation consultant, web developer etc

I'm also unable to see the Beta thread - not that I can see in the middle of the forums?
You got it! The thread is in the middle of the forum home page- if you don’t see it please let me know!

Attachments

• beta.JPG
    beta.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Back