Community recipe?

@Craigerrr I suggest the master list of community brews recently created by @Sunfire96 is the one to be locked.

I envision it as either a series of posts, one post each quarter year, with a link to that quarter's recipe, or possibly a single post with a list of all the recipes.

From a forum management perspective, the thread is locked until a moderator unlocks it, allowing whomever will be updating it that quarter to make changes. It then gets re-locked.

@Yooper @Pricelessbrewing
Oh Beings of Wonder,

Would it be possible to give @Trialben and @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews permission to edit the first post of the "Master List?" Just in case I drop off the face of the earth, or worse, have to stop homebrewing for a bit...

I don't see a way to do this with my moderator actions, but we can always have a point person reply in the master list and we can edit, or delete that post so it is clear who the new leader is for the community recipes.

Czech Dark Lager - first real taste when kegged, carbed and cooled.
A delightful beer. Fantastic malt aroma .. The kind of smell you want a beer to have unless you are looking for a hop bomb. Great pillow head and good retention. I assume this is midnight wheat doing its job. And doing it well. I would like just a touch more hop flavor/aroma. My 3G batch had 1oz Czech Saaz at 15. In future I might keep it at 1oz but do half at 15 and half at flameout. It's never too early to sample beer, so 10am is good .. Especially on a historic day . This beer is a winner. It has been a long time since I have made a Dunkel or a Schwartzbier. Just not inspired by previous ok pretty good beers. But this one will be brewed again. Dominik Hasek would approve.
20210120_094830.jpg

Last edited:
A delightful beer. Fantastic malt aroma .. The kind of smell you want a beer to have unless you are looking for a hop bomb. Great pillow head and good retention. I assume this is midnight wheat doing its job. And doing it well. I would like just a touch more hop flavor/aroma. My 3G batch had 1oz Czech Saaz at 15. In future I might keep it at 1oz but do half at 15 and half at flameout. It's never too early to sample beer, so 10am is good .. Especially on a historic day . This beer is a winner. It has been a long time since I have made a Dunkel or a Swarttzbier. Just not inspired by previous ok pretty good beers. But this one will be brewed again. Dominik Hasek would approve.
View attachment 13795

Should I wear my '98 Olympic jersey for the zoom? I'm seventh generation American, but it was still a great moment to see them beat the Russians. Family came from a little town near Pilzen in the 1880s.

Should I wear my '98 Olympic jersey for the zoom? I'm seventh generation American, but it was still a great moment to see them beat the Russians. Family came from a little town near Pilzen in the 1880s.
Yes cause I think it'll drive the Canadians nuts:D:D:D
It's always impressive that such a small country produced 2 of the NHL's all-time greats in Hasek and Jagr

I got an almost chocolate character out of my Shady BO when I was kegging it, is that about on what others got?
In the aroma yes. Not in the taste - yet - but that may develop as the beer matures. I added.my dark grains for the last 10 minutes of the mash. I hope I didn't cheat them.

It's always impressive that such a small country produced 2 of the NHL's all-time greats in Hasek and Jagr

Slavs too. Stan Mikita lived in the town I went to college in. Our school gave him an honorary degree the year I graduated. We had a couple of occasions to be side by side at a local watering hole during those years. One of us was legal age. I really admired him as a player, but tried not to be starstruck when he was at the bar.

Slavs too. Stan Mikita lived in the town I went to college in. Our school gave him an honorary degree the year I graduated. We had a couple of occasions to be side by side at a local watering hole during those years. One of us was legal age. I really admired him as a player, but tried not to be starstruck when he was at the bar.
Obviously never seen him play but an all-time great. Pretty nasty too for only being 5'9". Perhaps his biggest contribution though was (supposedly) inventing the curved stick blade. Completely revolutionized the game.

I haven't properly sampled it yet but now I'm looking forward to it.

I got an almost chocolate character out of my Shady BO when I was kegging it, is that about on what others got?
I did as well. No diacetyl in mine but I did my usual process. I bet a touch would go nicely with the chocolate undertones I got.

I don't see a way to do this with my moderator actions, but we can always have a point person reply in the master list and we can edit, or delete that post so it is clear who the new leader is for the community recipes.
Or you can just unlock the thread briefly, let whomever do what they need to, and re-lock it.
Or let them delegate the updates to you...

But I think you're correct, a control to allow only certain users to edit a thread is not a thing, I don't think even at the Superadmin level.

A delightful beer. Fantastic malt aroma .. The kind of smell you want a beer to have unless you are looking for a hop bomb. Great pillow head and good retention. I assume this is midnight wheat doing its job. And doing it well. I would like just a touch more hop flavor/aroma. My 3G batch had 1oz Czech Saaz at 15. In future I might keep it at 1oz but do half at 15 and half at flameout. It's never too early to sample beer, so 10am is good .. Especially on a historic day . This beer is a winner. It has been a long time since I have made a Dunkel or a Schwartzbier. Just not inspired by previous ok pretty good beers. But this one will be brewed again. Dominik Hasek would approve.
View attachment 13795
That's a really nice looking brew.

To anyone with Shady Bohemian somehow left undrunk: the January zoom meeting is scheduled for this Saturday 1/30/21 (in North America) if anyone wants to compare tasting notes. I think some folks might even have Wayner's pale ale ready. Zoom meeting info is stickied to the top of General brewing discussions:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/forums/general-brewing-discussions.3/

Last edited:

Back