Beer Memory Trip

bigdaddy0442

Trial Member
Reaction score
Some of my favorites that have gone by the way of no more carbonation:
Olympia, Falstaff, Jax, Schlitz, Hamms, Tivoli (Denver).

Any others?

Lucky Lager, Stroh's, Bergermeister, I still see Oly once in a while.

Lucky Lager, Stroh's, Bergermeister, I still see Oly once in a while.
Wow, the Olympia Brewery in Tumwater was closed in 2003.

I forgot about Stroh's. When Schlitz closed the Longview Texas brewery, Stroh's took it over. My fraternity brother was one of the brewmasters at the old Schlitz brewery. Needless to say the tasting room sometimes doubled as a chapter meeting room.

Also thought about Carling Black Label. Used to drink it on post at Fort Dix NJ.

Wow, the Olympia Brewery in Tumwater was closed in 2003.

I forgot about Stroh's. When Schlitz closed the Longview Texas brewery, Stroh's took it over. My fraternity brother was one of the brewmasters at the old Schlitz brewery. Needless to say the tasting room sometimes doubled as a chapter meeting room.

Also thought about Carling Black Label. Used to drink it on post at Fort Dix NJ.

Don't know if they have another brewery or it's contracted out, but it's still around.

When I was in high school we would buy Brador, made by Molson. It was higher alcohol than everything else, and that was what we were all about. I don't honestly know if they still make it.
Screenshot_20210117-121246_Chrome.jpg

Great Falls Select
Highlander of which the name was bought and is brewed again
Kessler

Went through a bunch of Lucky Lager. I think they were 11 ounce bottles for just a few bucks a twelve paack and had puzzles under the cap.

Went through a bunch of Lucky Lager. I think they were 11 ounce bottles for just a few bucks a twelve pack and had puzzles under the cap.

Yup. We used to get 12 packs for $2.99 IIRC. My dad, 2 brothers and I would buy out the local Walgreens stock and still need more to get us through the weekend :)

Lucky Lager is all over the place in Alberta. It's far from the worst, but just as far from the best.

I grew up on this, in the stubby bottles. My first 12 pack was $4.50CDN. I was 16, so my brother went and got it for me, I still remember being pissed becausehe kept the change! The 12 pack was 2 rows of 6 with a handle that would slide up out of the center.
Screenshot_20210117-180551_Chrome.jpg

Well... never mind the engineer insult, but I do have an MS in econometrics, the dismal science. :)

Don't know why I thought engineering. Must have been that it starts with an "E" :eek:

Lucky Lager is all over the place in Alberta. It's far from the worst, but just as far from the best.
Man, I'd love to get my hands on some again. I've still got a Lucky Lager glass (posted here a few times) that I've had FOREVER! I almost think it came in a set but I can't even remember. Sometimes the memories and nostalgia are what make them so damn good.

If and when things settle down you now have a road trip destination. ;) If you end up in Edmonton I'll even buy you one.

Back