Greetings from Little Rock, Arkansas!

Bo Grows

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers and brewsters!

My name is Bo and I come from the verdant and bountiful land of Arkansas! Our fair city of Little Rock is full of amazing commercial breweries such as Lost Forty, Stone's Throw, Flyway, and Diamond Bear, but I still like the challenge of producing my own ales and lagers. It's fascinating to me to really dial in to the styles of beer you truly love. For me that's a session IPA with a bit of honey and some super dank and fresh hops! My primary hobby is gardening and I work full-time as a plant nursery and produce manager here in the city. I'm fascinated with the different flavor profiles from hops and will be starting some home research projects on aroma hop varieties I can grow here in a rather hot and dry zone compared to the PNW or Europe. Beyond that I'm into bringing back historical herbs and rhizomes to use in recipes, herbs like holy basil, bergmont, hyssop, angelica, dittany, mints, lavenders, worts, sages, etc.

Hello fellow brewers and brewsters!

My name is Bo and I come from the verdant and bountiful land of Arkansas! Our fair city of Little Rock is full of amazing commercial breweries such as Lost Forty, Stone's Throw, Flyway, and Diamond Bear, but I still like the challenge of producing my own ales and lagers. It's fascinating to me to really dial in to the styles of beer you truly love. For me that's a session IPA with a bit of honey and some super dank and fresh hops! My primary hobby is gardening and I work full-time as a plant nursery and produce manager here in the city. I'm fascinated with the different flavor profiles from hops and will be starting some home research projects on aroma hop varieties I can grow here in a rather hot and dry zone compared to the PNW or Europe. Beyond that I'm into bringing back historical herbs and rhizomes to use in recipes, herbs like holy basil, bergmont, hyssop, angelica, dittany, mints, lavenders, worts, sages, etc.
We may have lots to talk about, since I love bringing back historical beer styles! Cheers and welcome aboard!

Welcome @Bo Grows !
You'll find is a mostly friendly bunch, happy to help in any way we can.
And we look forward to your expertise. Who knows, I might just try to grow hops!

We may have lots to talk about, since I love bringing back historical beer styles! Cheers and welcome aboard!
Thank you Nosybear, message me anytime you have questions about herbs or other plants. I've got many resources at my fingertips from university extension personnel to heirloom/historic garden societies here in Little Rock that might be of service to you. I manage the biergarten at one of our local breweries, Stone's Throw Brewing. There I plant in some large wooden containers many different types of herbs for brewing, also we use to do this "Randal" device where we infused some ales and lagers with biergarten herbs. There's a delicious Gruit on tap right now made with biergarten grown Holy Basil a.k.a. Tulsi!

Welcome to the forum! I was down in Little Rock once during Christmas many years ago. Beautiful city. It was probably before craft beer started taking off, and definitely before I became aware of it, so unfortunately I didn't try any of the local brews.

Welcome ;)
Another herb/spice grower here!

Welcome to Brewers Friend!

Welcome to a great place. Looking for to anything historical and beer :)

Welcome to the forum! I was down in Little Rock once during Christmas many years ago. Beautiful city. It was probably before craft beer started taking off, and definitely before I became aware of it, so unfortunately I didn't try any of the local brews.
My experience wasn't as pleasant. The day after Christmas 2012 I believe (or boxing day for our British and Canadian friends) I spent several hours stuck in the parking lot they call I-30 there in Arkansas driving from Austin, Texas back to Cincinnati, Ohio. Was not a pleasant experience but my only time in Arkansas. I won't hold that against you or your state though. Welcome! :D

Back