How to best use this website...

Vinyasa

Trial Member
Reaction score
As a beginner, I use pre-built recipes from my local homebrew shop, Bitter and Esters.

Is it best to upload the recipe specifics in the recipe creator here and use the calculators to determine strike temp/volume, etc?

What I've often done is search the site first to see if someone has already done it for me, then I take the recipe I have and build it out in the creator. It's good practice and gives you some visibility into what parts the printed recipes usually skip over.

As a beginner, I use pre-built recipes from my local homebrew shop, Bitter and Esters.

Is it best to upload the recipe specifics in the recipe creator here and use the calculators to determine strike temp/volume, etc?
Welcome to the forum! I put everything I’m going to brew in the recipe creator. The calculators are good. May have to mess with batch size and or efficiency to fit the OG, IBU, abv etc. that the recipe suggests.

What I've often done is search the site first to see if someone has already done it for me, then I take the recipe I have and build it out in the creator. It's good practice and gives you some visibility into what parts the printed recipes usually skip over.
True lots of the time someone has already put it in.

I tried searching for Conifer Conspiracy, but nothing came up.

Welcome to the forum! I put everything I’m going to brew in the recipe creator. The calculators are good. May have to mess with batch size and or efficiency to fit the OG, IBU, abv etc. that the recipe suggests.

Thank you!

I tried searching for Conifer Conspiracy, but nothing came up.

It's not a universal but sometimes you get lucky. Play with the recipe builder and if you run into any snags just post the recipe you're trying to build here and what is giving you trouble.

I found the recipe tools here to be far easier to understand than the other ones out there when I was starting out.

I would plug it into the recipe editor here so you can utilize the site for your brew session. I found the recipe from your LHBS here:
Screenshot_20201228-123435.jpg
Just plug that into the recipe editor and if you have any questions or want to make some tweaks then post your recipe to the recipes for feedback sub forum. If you're not sure how to use the recipe editor I think maybe @Blackmuse made a tutorial video...

I would plug it into the recipe editor here so you can utilize the site for your brew session. I found the recipe from your LHBS here:
View attachment 13386
Just plug that into the recipe editor and if you have any questions or want to make some tweaks then post your recipe to the recipes for feedback sub forum. If you're not sure how to use the recipe editor I think maybe @Blackmuse made a tutorial video...

Thank you I am working on it now!

One of the best features of the site is recipe development. Learn the processes and basics of brewing first, and then move on to developing your own recipes.

I also like the inventory tool. I'll look at my malts, hops, and yeast and decide what to make using the recipe editor.

Oh yes! Using kits to learn the fundamentals and your equipment profile is a great way to start brewing!

There are some how-to videos here to help you navigate the recipe editor. Setting up your equipment profile is a good starting point - don't get too hung up ion what you may not know exactly as you can edit your profile anytime - it'll help you hone in your brewing practices/techniques. I believe the videos are under the photos/videos thread tab here in the forum.

Good luck! Let us know if you need help!

No problem. Welcome.

Back