A beer puzzle - Zappa hops

soccerdad

Trial Member
Reaction score
My son is a musician and a big Zappa fan (I was perhaps an influence). When I told him about Zappa hops I said he needed to help me determine a style and name a beer. At first I thought a brown ale and name it Brown Shoes Don't Make It. He came back a day or two later with. "Make a pilsner - call it Yellow Snow " Or a blonde ale maybe. Or a cream ale. Regardless we know what Spotify will play on brew day.

131889825_106827931306981_4011475962937620482_o.jpg

My son is a musician and a big Zappa fan (I was perhaps an influence). When I told him about Zappa hops I said he needed to help me determine a style and name a beer. At first I thought a brown ale and name it Brown Shoes Don't Make It. He came back a day or two later with. "Make a pilsner - call it Yellow Snow " Or a blonde ale maybe. Or a cream ale. Regardless we know what Spotify will play on brew day.

Whatever you make, it's gotta be called "Yellow Snow"! Classic Zappa song. The only risk is that some who know the lyrics won't drink it!
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat (or drink) that yellow snow

Dang. Justin reported back that Duckfoot is already using Why Does It Hurt :-( We can still do Yellow Snow.

I'm enjoying the Yellow Snow. A bit darker than what I initially planned, but 4% Caramunich 1 and 4% C10, so I knew it wasn't going to look like a pilsner. A bit of Magnium to bitter and then 3 shots of Moon Unit's favorite at 10, 0, and dry. About 38 IBU total.

How about - "Crew Stout"

- I love this thread btw! Getting a couple of ounces of Zappa Hops myself!

Back