Good day for a brew

Dogwood

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Had enough time to do a brew yesterday and as the weathers getting colder, moved the brew equipment into the basement. First brew inside and went well!! Soon to be a dedicated brew room! 15.5 gallon batch of "whatcher got stout"! Had several bags of grain left over from other brews and tossed them all in, going to be interesting! I love my Spike Brewing fermenter, brews have improved now I can control the temp for fermentation and I pump the boiling wert into the fermenter and the coil inside cools it down fast. 37#s of grain in the mash.
IMG_0794[1].JPG

I tried to post this in "what are you doing with you home brew today" and couldn't find a way to do so, what am I missing?

Nice setup!
Thanks, I have to drink lots of beer though to keep up with the large batches :) ! New (used) sabo brew magic coming soon, an offer made I cant say no too. Should make the brew even better? Seems like ever time I change something on a system, whole new learning curve.

Looks good, you probably just haven't gotten to the end of that topic.

Had enough time to do a brew yesterday and as the weathers getting colder, moved the brew equipment into the basement. First brew inside and went well!! Soon to be a dedicated brew room! 15.5 gallon batch of "whatcher got stout"! Had several bags of grain left over from other brews and tossed them all in, going to be interesting! I love my Spike Brewing fermenter, brews have improved now I can control the temp for fermentation and I pump the boiling wert into the fermenter and the coil inside cools it down fast. 37#s of grain in the mash.View attachment 12756
How did you handle the steam in your basement?

How did you handle the steam in your basement?
I was a bit worried but not a problem at all, it was 70 degrees outside so maybe that had something to do with it? Next batch will show better as the house will be closed up tighter. If it becomes a problem, I'll Add a fan to the outside! BAsement

Back