The Mysteries of Kveik

Brewer #335694

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I brewed up a 6.7% India pale ale on Sunday using Kveik yeast. As expected, those buggers went CRAZY. Hit final gravity within 48 hours. And dry hopped yesterday (Tuesday) after taking that reading. Should I be bottling this batch tomorrow (Thurs)? I want to get it into the bottles for conditioning before the yeast completely flocculates and sinks to bottom. But is 4ish days wayyyyy too early? I know this yeast acts fast but even with FG being reached a day ago, has there been enough time for “clean up”? So hard to tell with such a fast acting yeast like this. I don’t want off flavors by bottling too quickly.

It's not to early but if you're bottling you want to be certain it's finished. I've kegged in 4 days with Kveik before no problem.

The yeast don't hang around to clean up if there's no food around. Of course, there's some exceptions, but the dry hop time would more than cover those (and they probably didn't happen anyway).

I usually bottle Kveik after a week but have after 4 days and it was fine. Yeast do what they want though...

If you can, I would cold crash it for a few days before bottling. I bottled a coffee port fermented with VOSS after 7 days, it carbed up beautifully. Mind you I left it for 6-8 weeks before trying it, so I have no idea how long it took. This is my only experience with bottling a Kveik fermented beer YMMV.

If you can, I would cold crash it for a few days before bottling. I bottled a coffee port fermented with VOSS after 7 days, it carbed up beautifully. Mind you I left it for 6-8 weeks before trying it, so I have no idea how long it took. This is my only experience with bottling a Kveik fermented beer YMMV.
If you can it’s a good idea. Mine using Kveik have never been clear so I plan to follow @Craigerrr next time on this

Back