New from Missouri

Tuttle-1635

Trial Member
Reaction score
Thanks for having me. I brew with a 10 gallon system but mainly make 5 gallon batches. I'm near the KC area and have been brewing two years. I am starting to loosen up and experiment with my own recipes and yeast cultivation. I am hoping being active on the forum will help answer a lot of questions.

Thanks,
Justin

Welcome to Brewers Friend!
I am in Southwestern Ontario, just west of Toronto, and have been brewing for close to 3 years.

Welcome!
Good to have you here

Hey hey! Welcome to a great site! What kinda beer have been brewing in those 2 years Tuttle?

Hey hey! Welcome to a great site! What kinda beer have been brewing in those 2 years Tuttle?

My brother got us started with an extract kit for a stout. I was hooked. Within a year I had a friend sell me all of his equipment for a generous price of $400. I thought it was a great deal at the time but the more I learned what I had, the more I realized he gave me a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff.

Since then I have made and Amber Ale (Block Party), an IPA (Dead Ringer), a Milk Porter, a Belgian Double and a Chocolate Milk Stout. In between I have experimented with ciders, wines and meads.

I just made 5 gallons of cider this weekend with Lutra Kveik. Ill be letting everyone know how that turns out. Had to put a blow off tube on it last night.

I just made 5 gallons of cider this weekend with Lutra Kveik. Ill be letting everyone know how that turns out. Had to put a blow off tube on it last night.

Tune us in on the cider, did you do anything special for the cider?

Back