What are you drinking right now?

Found a new brewery like 2 blocks from my work. Keller Pils here. Not bad.
PXL_20201022_224216955.jpg

For those who care to know, I am wearing PANTS, a t-shirt with a 3/4 zip pullover, a wool beanie, fingerless gloves, and a down vest. The chill is exhilerating.

Our first visit to Immersion was shortly after they opened. We've been impressed with how much their beers have improved over the years. Also impressive is how polished their equipment is. Looks like they spit shine it every day.
Did you go up the hill to Crux when you were in the neighborhood? Another one of our favorites.

For those who care to know, I am wearing PANTS, a t-shirt with a 3/4 zip pullover, a wool beanie, fingerless gloves, and a down vest. The chill is exhilerating.
I think that we need to see a picture of this, especially the wool beanie!
I am envisioning a propeller on the top...

My Coffee Porter has been conditioning for about 6 weeks now, first taste tonight. It was fermented with VOSS. Getting some pretty strong chocolate flavor to go along with the coffee. 20/20 episode on the TV marking the 40th anniversary of that fateful day. He would have been 80 this year!
20201023_175306.jpg

Not sure what this beer is exactly. Lots of munich, pilsner, some vienna, and a little more this and that with a hefty dose of willamette. Still trying to clear up but becoming fairly tasty. It's one of those that I can't quite figure out so I keep drinking it. About the time it's at its prime, the keg will blow.
PXL_20201024_001210318.jpg

I brewed an oatmeal stout with voss, and the fruit flavor was...odd. Didn't mesh well with the malts

Me neither I did give it a good run
I brewed an oatmeal stout with voss, and the fruit flavor was...odd. Didn't mesh well with the malts
I used to get citrus and I found the bitterness could be a little sharp something I associated with the yeast but could of been my water profile.
Also thought it thinned the body of the beer a little but that's just me.

Went and bought a growler of this today to support an local just down the road start up brewery Diablo ginger beer.
20201024_150719.jpg

Man this beer is like lolly water nice and gingery but too sweet for my liking. It's a real ladies beer (no sexism intended).
Its down the gullet now though I had no trouble lol!
It's got nothing on my Bunyip though
Well In my biased opinion!
20201024_182508.jpg

This is the best beer I've brewed this year its bloody delicious!
The biggest thing I like about it is the mouthfeel so nice and light and fluffy smooth delivering all the sweet hoppy fruitiness and malt flavours so delicately on my tongue and throat. Nothing bites in it just flows down all the way to the gut smoothly.
Plus the hops are just moreish and I think this framgarden yeast is the star of the show just combining it all so nicely.
Give it a go you'll be rewarded for it;).
The yeast that is well and or the beer :p

Last edited:
I’ll be the lone dissenter. I brewed a golden ale with Voss and it came out very good. Maybe the citrus pairs better with that type.
I think also not all of these isolated Kviek commercial strains are the same. For instance I purchased a hornindal Kviek from online and a buddy just used Imperial yeasts hornindal he said he was getting some weird banana flavours with it which sounds to me more Belgian than a kviek thing It should be fruity but not bananas.
Anyhow alot of these Kvieks arnt single strain cultures and some of them including hornidal have bacteria strains in them so when the commercial Labs make a strain available they select the saccaramyces strain and leave other flavourful yeast/bacteria out.
And who know another lab might select another strain from that given kviek.

More local support. This is a fantastic beer that I picked up on a whim. To be honest, the can caught my eye. I just found out that it took a Silver at this years GABF. Under 4% with a touch of toffee, but not sweet. Session indeed.

846950CC-0114-40E2-BE92-0273485BF890.jpeg

Back