You guys are "real" aren't you?

I postulate that the question "You guys are "real" aren't you?" is potentially unanswerable.
I has been (imo, very well!) pointed out, "I drink, therefore I am" as a valid proof of one's existence.
Whereas proving oneself is not real is much harder. As I have heard Rick Gervais point out, "you can not prove something does not exist"...or something to that effect.
PS...and yeah, 5 pages is nothin' ;-)
Depends how you define proof. Can you ever say with 100% certainty something doesn't exist? No. Can you prove it beyond a reasonable doubt? Yes. I mean I'm assuming most people here would agree Santa isn't real (sorry if I'm bursting a bubble) but no you can't absolutely prove he isn't.
You also can't 100% prove something is real. Cogito, ergo sum might have helped Descartes sleep at night but can you be 100% that we aren't all part of a complex simulation and that our thoughts aren't just subroutines within our program?

Yeah I think we'll hit 5 easy...

I postulate that the question "You guys are "real" aren't you?" is potentially unanswerable.
I has been (imo, very well!) pointed out, "I drink, therefore I am" as a valid proof of one's existence.
Whereas proving oneself is not real is much harder. As I have heard Rick Gervais point out, "you can not prove something does not exist"...or something to that effect.
PS...and yeah, 5 pages is nothin' ;-)
You can't prove a negative, true. And who says the first four pages are real? The Men in Black could have planted them there....

Depends how you define proof. Can you ever say with 100% certainty something doesn't exist? No. Can you prove it beyond a reasonable doubt? Yes. I mean I'm assuming most people here would agree Santa isn't real (sorry if I'm bursting a bubble) but no you can't absolutely prove he isn't.
You also can't 100% prove something is real. Cogito, ergo sum might have helped Descartes sleep at night but can you be 100% that we aren't all part of a complex simulation and that our thoughts aren't just subroutines within our program?

Two words: Black swans.

The burden of proof lies with the person making a statement: Prove Santa isn't real is not possible, however, it only takes one observation of Santa (not the common mall variety) to prove Santa's existence.

(blue pill, blue pill....)

Let's agree to keep Karl Popper out of this somewhat boozy discussion, shall we?

Page 4
What should dominate page 4?
Elvis (aka Ward C)?
Mind Control?
Santa Claus? Please no...
Existentialism?

A Brillo pad.
Before you think I've gone off my nut, just remember how quickly these can get slightly off color.
Ergo, a Brillo pad to keep things clean.

(I can hear the applause from here!) :D

Last time I Czech'ed I was real...picture looks like me, kid in the picture looks like my youngest from a couple years ago...

So Craigerrr, have you told Jen about your imaginary friends yet??

If reality didn't suck so bad, I would live there. I prefer to live with Sabre Steve and Rene Robert in the mid 70's.
If I'm going back then I'm going to convince the Sabres not to pass on Mike Bossy for Ric Seiling so my imaginary friend Ron will stop going on about it and how the Sabres should have won the Cup in 1980.

How many iterations of Max Headroom have been on our Zoom meetings?
upload_2020-11-18_13-13-15.png

Yeeeeessss you you you're rrrrrrright

Back