What's with the inventory glitch?

OkanaganMike

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey can anyone or admins help me? I can't understand why when I go to brew, this system is not "finding" my hops despite making sure they are the same and showing as in stock in the recipe?
This happened last week and I had to manually adjust my numbers but this is a real PITA.
Anyone else have this issue?

Hey can anyone or admins help me? I can't understand why when I go to brew, this system is not "finding" my hops despite making sure they are the same and showing as in stock in the recipe?
This happened last week and I had to manually adjust my numbers but this is a real PITA.
Anyone else have this issue?
Yeah I've had this happen but thought it might just be an error on my part.

Well for $34/year this is a piss off. Seems like everytime something is working fine, there is an update and shit goes sideways. Inventory management is a key selling point to this software for me.

Well for $34/year this is a piss off. Seems like everytime something is working fine, there is an update and shit goes sideways. Inventory management is a key selling point to this software for me.

Mike, without a screenshot or anything it's really hard to dig into. I'll see what I can do right now, but if you could provide some details (what browser are you using, a screenshot of your inventory, etc), that could really help me get this fixed.

That's been a point of contention for a long time. I've stopped using those features and in fact I built my own calculator just to have a way to build a recipe that I can count on from batch to batch. I use the BF calculator as double check for water chemistry additions, etc.

Back in the "good old days" the inventory and all other features worked perfectly. It's always been a mystery as to why things were changed but for a while it was wave after wave of glitches and bugs and things got increasingly more complicated without any real improvement in performance or user interface.

Looking at your recipes, I see the hops list from your inventory:
upload_2020-10-12_10-7-30.png

I entered a couple of them:

upload_2020-10-12_10-9-7.png

I'm currently using Chrome on my Windows 10 desktop. This doesn't happen for you? Can you let me know what does happen? We definitely want to fix this, but I can't see what is happening for you so any descriptions you could give or screenshots will really help.

Thanks for looking into this Yooper. Funny enough it grabbed my Amarillo fine but having trouble with Columbus and Mosaic. I figured the pale malt issue as one is branded and the other not. Seems unnecessary complications having so may options ad if it doesn't match exactly its all skewed. Either way, I can't figure whats going on with the Columbus and Mosaic. Columbus has lots in inventory and Mosaic is short but its not grabbing what's in stock.
I'm on Chrome and windows also.
upload_2020-10-12_14-50-54.png

upload_2020-10-12_14-59-36.png

Thanks for looking into this Yooper. Funny enough it grabbed my Amarillo fine but having trouble with Columbus and Mosaic. I figured the pale malt issue as one is branded and the other not. Seems unnecessary complications having so may options ad if it doesn't match exactly its all skewed. Either way, I can't figure whats going on with the Columbus and Mosaic. Columbus has lots in inventory and Mosaic is short but its not grabbing what's in stock.
I'm on Chrome and windows also.
View attachment 12356

View attachment 12357

Thanks for the details- I'm looking at this one now.

Mike, I don't doubt you. But I cannot recreate any issue with the columbus or mosaic from inventory in your account. I'm not set up to screenshare but maybe we can get some help with that so I can see what's happening when you enter your ingredients from inventory. Please let me know- or if you can show some screenshots like mine, maybe I can see an issue.

Recipe:
upload_2020-10-13_9-26-15.png

Here's the printed sheet after saving:
upload_2020-10-13_9-24-5.png

The only thing I can guess at is that for me it's not an issue if you don't have pellet or whole, etc in your inventory, because in my settings I prefer pellet(?), but maybe adding the type of hops you have in the screen would help. Still that doesn't explain why it didn't work for you with columbus hops or mosaic, but with the others.
upload_2020-10-13_9-31-14.png

Hi Yooper, I think there may be a misunderstanding of the issue? If you go to your test recipe and click Brew, scroll to the bottom of the page like the screen shot below. Do you get the same message about ingredients not found in inventory?
upload_2020-10-13_13-55-23.png

Ah- now I see what you are saying. I looked a few more times and was able to recreate it the last time. Thanks for your patience and we'll get this solved.

Thanks Yooper. Whenever I see this I go and inspect the ingredient and if there is just one small detail wrong, it doesn't grab it. That said I can't figure whats wrong here.

Thanks Yooper. Whenever I see this I go and inspect the ingredient and if there is just one small detail wrong, it doesn't grab it. That said I can't figure whats wrong here.

What’s wrong is what I mentioned- you don’t have “pellets” or “whole” chosen in the inventory. The inventory won’t match those if they aren’t listed, but we’re going to make it so it will still pull it if everything else is correct. To get a quick fix, if you put “pellet” or whatever type of hops you are using in your inventory, it will pull correctly.

Back