Brew Day

Nola_Brew

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sure glad I brewed yesterday. Now gotta deal with not one but two hurricanes.
Sucks to live down South and deal with this crap every year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200823-094012_WDSU.jpg
    Screenshot_20200823-094012_WDSU.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 72
The hurricanes usually fizzle out by the time they make their way here to north Louisiana. But not always.

Sure glad I brewed yesterday. Now gotta deal with not one but two hurricanes.
Sucks to live down South and deal with this crap every year.
What type of beer did you brew?

The hurricanes usually fizzle out by the time they make their way here to north Louisiana. But not always.
Looks like you might get some of Laura depending where you are. The models have shown going more north once it hits landfall. But still too early.

Looks like you might get some of Laura depending where you are. The models have shown going more north once it hits landfall. But still too early.
I'm in Monroe. Sometimes we'll get 8-10 inches of rain from a storm, but we rarely get over 30 mph winds up here.

I’ve been watching the storms, and for myself I’ve breathed a sigh of relief that it’s going to miss us and maybe just give us some rain and storm surge, but then I worry about everyone else along the gulf coast.

I'm in Monroe. Sometimes we'll get 8-10 inches of rain from a storm, but we rarely get over 30 mph winds up here.
Yea you guys are fortunate. We get the wind. Not so much storm surge but if we had a storm just sit over us as in Texas a few years ago I would be screwed.

I’ve been watching the storms, and for myself I’ve breathed a sigh of relief that it’s going to miss us and maybe just give us some rain and storm surge, but then I worry about everyone else along the gulf coast.
You in Texas? Marco was headed that way but changed course. We are feeling some wind but it's somewhat sunny ATM

no. We left Texas after hurricane Harvey remodeled our entire town. We now have a place on the Gulf coast in Florida.

I hope you're still in Michigan @Yooper! No offence to anyone in Florida but, that is one place I do not want to be right now.

You guys get the hurricane stuff this time of year, the midwest gets the tornadoes, Cali gets the earthquakes. Here in the frozen north, we get winter. Here summer is short but it is hot and humid. Pretty thankful that there is not much that happens here that threatens life or habitat.

We do get the fires here too, Western Canada has their hands full right now too. Last summer, Northern Ontario was a huge fire hotspot. This past winter we had snowfalls in eastern Canada that were staggering.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are dealing with wild fires, hurricanes, and the like.

I hope you're still in Michigan @Yooper! No offence to anyone in Florida but, that is one place I do not want to be right now.

I'm in the UP right now, canning our produce and picking berries for wine. I just left Florida about three weeks ago, though. It's normally where we'll be in the winter (November-April), but I plan on being there in the summer, a little. I love it- the kayaking in the salt water or the springs just speaks to my soul.

Back