where do you get your co2?

Bad Fruit Brewing

Trial Member
Reaction score
as per the heading. I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to where I can get my co2 from. So far I've just been using sodastream gas but it doesn't last very long. Been looking at boconline.co uk but just thought I've ask first. Should say, I'm in the UK. East Midlands.

Local welding supply shop.

That could also work.

Sounds strange but I get mine at a farm and ranch supply.

I have a couple of options.
One of my home brew shops has a tank exchange program, and the price is good. There is also a welding gas supply shop nearby that fills them. I have to drop the tank off, and pick it up later in the day, or the next day.

Thanks for the replies folks. Purely for ease I've gone with boc as they do specific drinks gas mixes and they deliver. £35 for a 2.8m3 tank of 60/40 co2/nitro didnt seem to bad and should keep me going for quite some time

I go to airgas, it's restaurant grade. It's cheaper than the welding shop down the road which is higher and not restaurant grade

I to go to Airgas. They refill your tank as long as it has not passed the date of operations (I didn't know about this before going there). Most other places around here will take your nice new tank and exchange it for a nasty one.

I to go to Airgas. They refill your tank as long as it has not passed the date of operations (I didn't know about this before going there). Most other places around here will take your nice new tank and exchange it for a nasty one.
I bought a used tank because of that very reason. The local Airgas shop has an exchange program and the used ones were cheaper anyway.

I have 2 tanks. One came with the kegerator. The other came with the kegging system I bought from Northern brewer.

Back