Help with Hard Seltzer - reignite fermentation

stever

Premium Member
Reaction score
I need to reignite stuck fermentation of my Hard Seltzer now in its primary fermentation.
Followed recipe to the letter, with adding the Minerals pack and yeast nutrients and started with an OG of 1.027.
Two Weeks later I measure gravity at 1.020, and all visible signs of fermentation have stopped.
I have tried adding several teaspoons of yeast nutrient at times, to no avail...

I have been brewing beers for many years now, and have never had a bad batch or brew of anything. However this is my first attempt at a hard seltzer, and I do have many "lessons learned" on how to do correctly next time, should I decide to go another round. But, I would really really hate to trash this one :(, and would like to know if anyone can recommend an additive or something to my pri. fermentation to kick this thing in gear?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
what size batch did you do? I have done several batches, all 5 gallon. I do 4lbs of corn sugar and a yeast energizer and throw in whatever yeast I have laying around. It does seem to take longer to ferment, at least 3 weeks and it's really slow. I would just wait and see what happens.

what size batch did you do? I have done several batches, all 5 gallon. I do 4lbs of corn sugar and a yeast energizer and throw in whatever yeast I have laying around. It does seem to take longer to ferment, at least 3 weeks and it's really slow. I would just wait and see what happens.

Doing 5 Gallons. Added 3.5lbs of corn sugar, Mineral Packs, yeast energizer and Safale us-05. I am at 3 weeks now, and just measured at only 1.020 again. Also should note, that it is in an all dark zero light environment at 72 degrees.

Last edited:
What "yeast energizer" do you use? Brand and quantity?

I'm no pro but I would say you're a little light on sugar. I would add more corn sugar and lightly stir it, see if that kicks it back off.

What "yeast energizer" do you use? Brand and quantity?

I'm not sure on the brand or the amount. It's in a generic bag with instructions, sold by my local home brew store

Back