NHL/NBA restarts-what are you drinking?

Same here with the younger crowd but we also have our president turning it into a political issue with his cult of supporters thinking masks are more harmful than the virus. It's very frustrating living in a state like New York that effectively crushed the curve and seeing numbers in these states that reopened early continue to skyrocket. Honestly if Canada wanted to annex western and central NY I'd be onboard.
I'd appreciate keeping politics out of it. I'm not keen on being called a cult member. Not everyone here has the same view points.

Last edited:
Poor choice of words, I apologize. No disrespect meant personally. I just get frustrated that a health issue has been politicised and is dividing Americans instead of uniting them.

I committed a cardinal sin letting my political views and emotions color my post and all I can do is beg forgiveness and suggest we just talk about less divisive things like sports and beer.

I have very little hesitance letting my Canadian point of view come out, it's locked a few threads in the past. I hope we're not idiots but I have very little faith after watching Calgary spike.

Whether or not Americans want to admit there is a problem is honestly not my problem right now.

I have very little hesitance letting my Canadian point of view come out, it's locked a few threads in the past. I hope we're not idiots but I have very little faith after watching Calgary spike.

Whether or not Americans want to admit there is a problem is honestly not my problem right now.
It is: That line on the map won't stop it.

I committed a cardinal sin letting my political views and emotions color my post and all I can do is beg forgiveness and suggest we just talk about less divisive things like sports and beer.
Nothing others of us haven't done. Let's keep it to beer, sports and the occasional family stuff.

It's a concern but I can't do anything about it if the US doesn't want to take it seriously. If Alberta wants to be stupid at a government level all I can really do is try to get ahead of it for the next election.

I really could go for a Bear jersey in Cree. That's pretty bad ass.

It's a concern but I can't do anything about it if the US doesn't want to take it seriously. If Alberta wants to be stupid at a government level all I can really do is try to get ahead of it for the next election.

I really could go for a Bear jersey in Cree. That's pretty bad ass.
That is pretty cool, is he hold a regular roster spot, or is he a prospect?

It is okay to be frustrated with the situation, we all are.

That is pretty cool, is he hold a regular roster spot, or is he a prospect?
I just tuned in to the start of the second period, I see he is on the power play, good to see!

No harm, I've just seen how this plays out before and thought I'd throw up a speed bump before we went there again. These are tense times with lots of concern and frustration. This is a great place to escape and leave the world's issues at the door.
Drink beer!

I just tuned in to the start of the second period, I see he is on the power play, good to see!
Did you guys get all the exhibition games on Sportsnet? All I could watch on NBCSN here was the Flyers-Pens the rest was on NHL Network which I don't get. Hope it's not like that when the real games start

I fell asleep before the end of the Oilers/Flames game but it was fun to watch and a bit weird.

There will be more hockey on than I will have time to watch! There will be 3-5 games televised every day for about the next month, as long as there aren't any outbreaks.

I might have to pay for the sports package for a month or two.

giphy.gif

Back