NHL/NBA restarts-what are you drinking?

giphy.gif
Not so fast there SabreSteve...
The Leafs live another day, for now anyway.
I will not take this moment to make any comments about the Oilers, and their fate.

Hockey is stupid, there, I said it...

I feel like Edmonton needs a few more first overall picks, we aren't due for another one for another 50 years...

We've only had what 5 in the last 10 years? We're due!

Probably too late for that, and I seriously doubt that he would come back.

Yeah probably not...
Probably better off. His next contract is going to be huge and those UFA deals rarely end well

Yeah probably not...
Probably better off. His next contract is going to be huge and those UFA deals rarely end well
All things considered, he is not actually in a good position based on COVID, with a hard cap for the next two years, the teams that have the cap space for him may not be able to afford to pay him

I think even with a flat cap the top players will get paid. It's the other guys that are going to get squeezed

Interesting that we were debating about Taylor Hall and where he would end up not long ago. Buffalo! Say what!

Interesting that we were debating about Taylor Hall and where he would end up not long ago. Buffalo! Say what!
Still shocked. I like it as a short term deal I just hope they aren't finished and upgrade in net and on D. I hope they're not actually deluding themselves into thinking a very good top 6 can drag a very flawed team into the playoffs

William Nylander meets Joe Thornton for the first time!
20201021_213945.jpg

Back