Editing Inventory - Custom Fermentable

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Strange appearing value on form when editing a Custom Fermentable. I have no idea why this appears. It happens when you select EBC radio button when a Lovibond entry already exists.
Original entry
upload_2020-7-11_23-0-4.png

Select the EBC button and text appears next to the Lovibond field title.

upload_2020-7-11_23-2-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-11_23-1-19.png
    upload_2020-7-11_23-1-19.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 71
Agreed. I opened a ticket for this about a week and a half ago when I noticed it as well.

The text that's popping up there is the converted value, why it's doing that instead of converting the value in the input field I have no idea.

Agreed. I opened a ticket for this about a week and a half ago when I noticed it as well.

The text that's popping up there is the converted value, why it's doing that instead of converting the value in the input field I have no idea.

Ah I see... except I don't think 27 Lovibond converts to 10.68 EBC. Well it doesn't on the one I have just used. It converts to 70.6?

I used the BF converter. Unless that is wrong of course.

It's converting the other way.

27 EBC = 10.68 Lovi

Ah!! that makes sense... I think. So it is actually what the EBC value should be. Rather than put it in the field directly it is beig popped up above the EBC box? It could be useful I suppose if you change your min and want to go back. I don't know. Maybe change the font colour to match background and hide it if it is used as a scratchpad for the calculation?

While you are there Mark... The main Catalogue of Fermentables does not sort on the Country field correctly. If you select that column to be in alphabetical order some Germany and United States entries are completely out of order. If you want examples I can send them to you direct rather than clutter this thread.

Ah!! that makes sense... I think. So it is actually what the EBC value should be. Rather than put it in the field directly it is beig popped up above the EBC box? It could be useful I suppose if you change your min and want to go back. I don't know. Maybe change the font colour to match background and hide it if it is used as a scratchpad for the calculation?

While you are there Mark... The main Catalogue of Fermentables does not sort on the Country field correctly. If you select that column to be in alphabetical order some Germany and United States entries are completely out of order. If you want examples I can send them to you direct rather than clutter this thread.
I don't think that has an open ticket right now but I'll follow up when I get home and submit one if not.

I tried editing one of the germany fermentables in our admin page to see if it was something wrong with it. No such luck, I've opened a ticket to get this fixed whenever we get through the more immediate issues.

Here are the examples I mentioned...
upload_2020-7-14_17-15-45.png

These USA entries are out of place too - the rest are at the bottom of the list.

upload_2020-7-14_17-21-16.png

Thanks, I've added some other examples as well.

87435510-74578f00-c5b1-11ea-8f03-05a36f2ced3b.png

87435488-6b66bd80-c5b1-11ea-8ccb-2e8b2b2a0b21.png

Back