Multiple Yeast Attenuation

It looks like it's averaging them, but it shouldn't, the highest attenuative culture should be used. That recipe should be 85% attenuation, since the WLP099 will keep working after Ediburgh gives up.

Out of curiosity, why are you using both of these, generally multiple yeasts are only used when there's significant flavor profile differences.

It looks like it's averaging them, but it shouldn't, the highest attenuative culture should be used. That recipe should be 85% attenuation, since the WLP099 will keep working after Ediburgh gives up.

Out of curiosity, why are you using both of these, generally multiple yeasts are only used when there's significant flavor profile differences.

wanted the flavor of the scottish and the finishing power of the 099.

are you implying that they taste the same?

wanted the flavor of the scottish and the finishing power of the 099.

are you implying that they taste the same?
No, Scottish definitely has some esters and super San Diego is fairly clean. You should be fine.

This has bitten me from time to time (especially for the lacto batches). I end up forcing the attenuation via the custom attenuation field. It'd be nice if it picked the highest attenuator instead.

I think I'm just going to start ferment the whole thing with 099 to see how it comes out.

Some folks say you have to feed it throughout fermentation, but I'm not really keen on doing that. I'd rather the leave it be.

This has bitten me from time to time (especially for the lacto batches). I end up forcing the attenuation via the custom attenuation field. It'd be nice if it picked the highest attenuator instead.
It should ignore cultures with zero attenuation now, I believe this was fixed in the last few weeks.

Correction, the fix has been on beta for a bit, but the released has been delayed. It was released to the live site yesterday. Please let us know if you still have issues with zero attenuation with lacto.

Back