My Inventory Export

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to see an Inventory Export button. Preferably per section as shown below or Bulk Export if easier.

I use my Inventory to calculate what recipes (my own recipes that is) I can make. The added bonus is that it highlights what I need to replenish. I don't use the Shopping List option as I had started my own system.

I already export each recipe in Text form to use in the application - on that not wasn't there an Export to Text function button for the recipes?

upload_2020-7-9_17-58-53.png

upload_2020-7-9_17-59-17.png

upload_2020-7-9_17-59-40.png

upload_2020-7-9_18-0-5.png

upload_2020-7-9_18-0-40.png

Already on the to-do list!

There's currently a function for inventory import/export for group inventories right now, I've required for it to be added to the personal inventory as well, and given to premium accounts.

There's an export / text option for recipes, it's on the recipe view page under the export drop-down button.

Hi Mark,

Excellent news. about the to-do.

Yes I know about the individual export text - I use that already - but was there not a global export to text the same as the one to HTML? Maybe I'm imagining that.

The reason I asked for text output to be split into separate sections was, as I'm sure you have guessed, is the different headers. It is all easily handled as long as the format doesn't change. Importing via a text file is such fun to do lol.

This is what I end up with...
upload_2020-7-9_19-11-54.png

Hi Mark,

Yes I know about the individual export text - I use that already - but was there not a global export to text the same as the one to HTML? Maybe I'm imagining that.

The reason I asked for text output to be split into separate sections was, as I'm sure you have guessed, is the different headers. It is all easily handled as long as the format doesn't change. Importing via a text file is such fun to do lol.

View attachment 10783
I'm not sure if there was a separate text export, it may have pre-date my involvement.

I'll have to talk to you about that sheet one of these days

Hi Mark,

View attachment 10783
your sheets coming along, mine is also

Already on the to-do list!

There's currently a function for inventory import/export for group inventories right now, I've required for it to be added to the personal inventory as well, and given to premium accounts.

There's an export / text option for recipes, it's on the recipe view page under the export drop-down button.

One thing to note: In the Catalog items are stored with a hyphen as a connector whereas in our Inventory they are stored with a slash (/) character.
e.g. In Catalog

Bestmalz - BEST Caramel Amber

In Inventory:

Bestmalz / BEST Caramel Amber

This needs to be remembered if Exporting the text file. I don't know if anyone has noticed this - nor would they care unless comparisons need to be made between values. Perhaps the Inventory needs to be changed???

One thing to note: In the Catalog items are stored with a hyphen as a connector whereas in our Inventory they are stored with a slash (/) character.
e.g. In Catalog

Bestmalz - BEST Caramel Amber

In Inventory:

Bestmalz / BEST Caramel Amber

This needs to be remembered if Exporting the text file. I don't know if anyone has noticed this - nor would they care unless comparisons need to be made between values. Perhaps the Inventory needs to be changed???
That's a good catch I hadn't noticed that. Not sure if we should keep it as an inventory indicator, or make it consistent.

Btw the import/export has made it's way to beta. I haven't reviewed it yet but I got the notification that's it's on there.

Back