Brew dates and brew days incorrect

Brewer #64496

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I brewed on Saturday 2nd May (02/05/20 in the UK). On the day all my brew logs were saying they were something like -86 days behind as the dates had all gone down in US format (05/02/20, February instead of May).

I fixed all these dates manually and all was looking good. However this morning I have logged an "Other" entry and it's gone down as -28 days ago with the wrong US date again.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it a bug?

(You can ignore the log with -1 days as I did no-chill, so this is just reflecting an entry from the day before the "Brew Day Complete" entry was logged.)

Thanks

Attachments

• BF error.png
    BF error.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 144
Hi,

I brewed on Saturday 2nd May (02/05/20 in the UK). On the day all my brew logs were saying they were something like -86 days behind as the dates had all gone down in US format (05/02/20, February instead of May).

I fixed all these dates manually and all was looking good. However this morning I have logged an "Other" entry and it's gone down as -28 days ago with the wrong US date again.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it a bug?

(You can ignore the log with -1 days as I did no-chill, so this is just reflecting an entry from the day before the "Brew Day Complete" entry was logged.)

Thanks

The days are counting from either the "brew day complete" log entry, or if there is none, then when the brew session was started. It looks like there's a bug with the start a brew session not using the date format from the user settings. Passing it along to the devs now!

Until this gets patched, you can fix it by entering a brew day complete log entry with the brew days date.You could also go to the "edit" tab and change the brew date using the listed date input format, which also needs to be updated to use the user setting format.

Thanks for the report!

Last edited:
The days are counting from either the "brew day complete" log entry, or if there is none, then when the brew session was started. It looks like there's a bug with the start a brew session not using the date format from the user settings. Passing it along to the devs now!

Until this gets patched, you can fix it by entering a brew day complete log entry with the brew days date.You could also go to the "edit" tab and change the brew date using the listed date input format, which also needs to be updated to use the user setting format.

Thanks for the report!

Thanks for this. If it helps, I think my entries on brew day my have been all showing massively negative until I entered the Brew Day Complete entry the next day. I'd take this with a pinch of salt as my memory as hazy but I'm sure that's what happened.

The entries I am entering this afternoon are showing as day 0 which was yesterday... Is it taking the date from Brew Day Completed *Updated Date* instead of actual date?

Attachments

• BF error 2.png
    BF error 2.png
    19 KB · Views: 142
Thanks for this. If it helps, I think my entries on brew day my have been all showing massively negative until I entered the Brew Day Complete entry the next day. I'd take this with a pinch of salt as my memory as hazy but I'm sure that's what happened.

The entries I am entering this afternoon are showing as day 0 which was yesterday... Is it taking the date from Brew Day Completed *Updated Date* instead of actual date?
It looks like it's including the time stamps, since each of those is less than 24 hours, it's not counting it as a full day. We could either just use the calendar date, display fractions of a day, or round up to support those late night brewers I suppose?

I've submitted a bug report to the devs for both of these issues, and will update this thread once it moves to a public beta, and when it's released to the live site.

Last edited:
It looks like it's including the time stamps, since each of those is less than 24 hours, it's not counting it as a full day. We could either just use the calendar date, display fractions of a day, or round up to support those late night brewers I suppose?

I've submitted a bug report to the devs for both of these issues, and will update this thread once it moves to a public beta, and when it's released to the live site.

Hey thanks for submitting these to the devs.

Previously if you posted at 23:00 on day 1 then a few hours later at 01:00 that would be day 2, and I feel that works.

I've added some more entries today which are only showing as day 1, but should be day 2. It really looks to me like it's just using the Brew Day Complete "last updated" time for some reason? I'll post another screenshot after 16:37 to test this theory as I should then be on "day 2"!

Attachments

• BF error 3.png
    BF error 3.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 143
Well that's my theory scuppered! Subsequent entries are labelled +1 day.
BF error 4.png

This has been fixed today. Please let us know if you're still experiencing any issues.

@Brewer #64496 @Vallka
Hi Priceless,

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately this issue is still lurking. I can see from a new post on the board that UK times are still screwed up unfortunately, getting muddled with US dates. You can see from my image here that a new comment on a brew log has been messed up again,causing the post to be -80 days

If I edit the post it doesn't fix the "-80 days" tag - so I can't fix this at all from the UI.

As always, your patience, hard work and diligence is very much appreciated!

Thank you

Attachments

• BF.png
    BF.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 137
Hi Priceless,

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately this issue is still lurking. I can see from a new post on the board that UK times are still screwed up unfortunately, getting muddled with US dates. You can see from my image here that a new comment on a brew log has been messed up again,causing the post to be -80 days

If I edit the post it doesn't fix the "-80 days" tag - so I can't fix this at all from the UI.

As always, your patience, hard work and diligence is very much appreciated!

Thank you
The issue AHarper encountered is a separate bug but I will followup on your issue again and find out how it was working when testing but still an issue when released.

Thanks for the patience, an update for this has gone live. Let us know if you're still seeing any issues!

Back