Has anyone brewed with lemonbalm?

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
20200610_184756.jpg

I grow a ton of lemon balm- it's taking over my front garden bed. I like it, but I think it tastes very "green" so I don't know how it'll be in beer.

In any case, the priming calculator takes into account the temperature you have in the calculator. That doesn't show for me in your link, so that's one thing to check.

I grow a ton of lemon balm- it's taking over my front garden bed. I like it, but I think it tastes very "green" so I don't know how it'll be in beer.

In any case, the priming calculator takes into account the temperature you have in the calculator. That doesn't show for me in your link, so that's one thing to check.
Thanks for the response. When I bottle I've been using the priming sugar calculator on Northern Brewer; I like weighing out in grams and that's the automatic unit used. I'm a little worried about getting a bitter green/veggie taste with the lemon balm. I'm going to reduce the total lemon balm by about half, and supplement with some dried lemon peel to make sure a bright, citrusy flavor comes through. Also quite a bit of lime zest (2 limes for 1 gal batch). Brewing tomorrow or Thursday, so we'll find out how it goes!

Back