Camping trip beer

No reason whatsoever to use both Corn and Rice. I'd stick to 20% of one or the other. If you really want to run it fast, pitch a lot of S-04 and ferment at 62 for 4 days and then let it run up to 68. In 10 days or so it'll be at FG, dead clear and ready to keg. US-05 will do nicely, but will take just a little longer and you won't get nearly the flocculation as you would with S-04.

Well, I'll say I think you're right on track minus the crystal malt. Your recipe is basically the same as the popular Cream Of Three Crops. I brew it often and it's one of our house favorites cause it's so simple, cheap, and fast. Everyone also enjoys it. It's also a great base for adding fruit or peppers.
I've used 05 often. I've also used 34/70 and opshaug kveik with excellent results.
Here's the original recipe for comparison.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/cream-of-three-crops-cream-ale.66503/
Perfect camping beer imo.

Well, the timing is right. My wife is on a camping trip with her friend. I am home, bottling a batch tonight, and preparing for a brew day tomorrow. Camping beer, I like it.

So no late addition hops for this style not one I've brewed but once?

I was just thinking maybe a dash of cascade at 10mins might just give some subtle hop aroma too or is this not to style?

I was just thinking maybe a dash of cascade at 10mins might just give some subtle hop aroma too or is this not to style?
Either way I think is fine. For a Cream Ale I would probably skip any late hopping but ...Imo, there is such a fine line between a Cream Ale, a Blonde Ale and a Kolsch. Brewer's choice on how these beers are defined.

When I do a Cream Ale, I add a little Saaz at 20 and Cluster at the end. Makes for a nice classic-American-hop aroma and noble spice finish in the flavor.

so, the main reason for corn/rice is to limit the gluten, i am dropping Clarity ferm in as well...one of my good friends has an issue with gluten, but seems to handle CF beers well. He can drink Corona with zero issues.

@thunderwagn - I got the basic idea from that post, thought the crystal might add a little extra something but still be light and dry...I can drop that as well

This is getting brewed Thursday, I am heading to the Brew Store in just a bit

Thanks for the input

Tim

so.....fastest brew day ever......
I tried to BIAB with out the Bag......back to the brew store and maybe Sunday?

Awesome! I'm just camping with a bunch of commercial beers!

Back