New Ss brewtech Fermenter

Over The Cliff Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I just received my new stainless steel fermenter. They recommend using TSP to pre clean it before using it. Will PBW suffice for this?

Right outta da box

Attachments

• 20200509_202902.jpg
    20200509_202902.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 90
Nice choice! Mine are chugging along nicely.

TSP is a lot cheaper than PBW. Failing either, a thorough scrubbing with Barkeepers Friend and Scotch Brite in hot water will do nicely. Star San at regular dilution won't fully passivate but it won't hurt and if you leave it in long enough you get some good out of it. When I have big pots to passivate I'll mix an ounce of StarSan in a gallon of water (proper passivation strength) and keep wetting the whole surface for 20 or 30 minutes.

Make sure to not scrub the markings on the inside with barkeepers or apparently you will scrub them right off.

Huge high five to you! I bought a 7 gallon Brewtech fermenter last year. Mine has a thermometer and a ball valve. Love. It. Best purchase I made so far. Super easy to clean. Easy to carry. Easy to take samples. Maintains ferm temps well. Collects the trub below the valve in the bottom cone really well so racking/bottling clear brew is super easy. I don't have to worry so much about transfer temps or dropping it and breaking it or the kids knocking it over. Did I mention it is super easy to clean? I will never go back to glass carboys.

The only thing I dislike: I miss watching the hypnotic yeasty fermentation storm during the first 3 days after pitching!!

The only thing I dislike: I miss watching the hypnotic yeasty fermentation storm during the first 3 days after pitching!!

Only drawback of ss. I bet the big boys can close their eyes and picture what is going on in their 20 barrel set ups after brewing for years.

Back