Simple Lauter Tun Set Up

For a little more clarification on my build. I purchased this ball-valve kit from MoreBeer.com (https://www.morebeer.com/products/weldless-ball-valve-stainless.html). This photo shows that I added an extension to the ball-valve kit so I had something to clamp the hose braid onto. (Please ignore the smutz :oops:.)

Water supply bazooka Screen apart.jpg

I ended up with 2 bazooka tubes somehow so I didn't have to make one, but yeah they're pretty easy.

Hi again guys, Ill just keep using this thread for more of my silly questions:

For the scaling of recipes, as long as my math skills are accurate, can I scale any recipe from XX to 2.5 or 3.0 or 2.22756 Gallons if I desire. Is it as simple as properly calculating out the correct portioned weights of grains and hops, and volumes of water? Im assuming yes.

Also, for execution of the brew day, can you do any recipe as a BIAB, as long as you get the right strike and mash temps?

I think Im overthinking this.

Thank you again.

You ask questions that are not silly and have easy answers: 'Yes' you can easily scale any recipe up or down. Rather than trusting my math skills I use the Scale calculator under the Recipe Tools dropdown when editing the recipe. And 'Yes' you can brew any recipe as BIAB.

Hi again guys, Ill just keep using this thread for more of my silly questions:

For the scaling of recipes, as long as my math skills are accurate, can I scale any recipe from XX to 2.5 or 3.0 or 2.22756 Gallons if I desire. Is it as simple as properly calculating out the correct portioned weights of grains and hops, and volumes of water? Im assuming yes.

Also, for execution of the brew day, can you do any recipe as a BIAB, as long as you get the right strike and mash temps?

I think Im overthinking this.

Thank you again.
Remember when you're scaling your water, boil losses, the amount of water that you boil off, will stay constant. Changes the water calculation a bit. I'd also say you can do almost all recipies as BIAB - some more complex mash procedures would require some creativity but as long as you're not doing step mashes or decoctions, you should be able to brew most anything.

Back