Finnish malt listing is out of date

Kaarlo

Premium Member
Reaction score
The list of Finnish (Viking Malt) malts in the recipe editor is quite out of date and has been for years. It would be nice if these were updated. Some notes:
- Viking's Crystal malts have been rebranded as Caramel malts. In addition to the one listed in the calculator (50, 100, 150, 300) Viking also produces 30, 200, 400, and 600. Also, 250 which is listed in the calculator is not produced.
- Munich is produced in two varieties: Light Munich and Dark Munich
- Melanoid is rebranded as Red Ale Malt
- There are various malts, that are not listed such as Golden Ale, Red Active, Oat Malt, Rye Malt

For more details, see https://www.vikingmalt.com/what-we-offer/

We've recently updated the viking malts- have you checked recently? Here's just a few that we have, visible in the recipe builder, and if you scroll down there are many more, for a total of about 35 or so:
upload_2020-4-29_10-32-10.png

Here's a link to the list: https://www.brewersfriend.com/fermentables/

We can always add another one if we get a request, of course.

We've recently updated the viking malts- have you checked recently? Here's just a few that we have, visible in the recipe builder, and if you scroll down there are many more, for a total of about 35 or so:
View attachment 9814

Thanks! I did check before posting and just checked again. I can see them in the fermentables listing you linked, but for some reason they don't show up in my complete recipe builder.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 7.49.08.png

Make sure that you have the "brands" option checked in your profile here:
upload_2020-4-30_10-17-17.png

And then make sure the slider is moved over to green for the malts you want to see:
upload_2020-4-30_10-18-22.png

Also, in your 'general settings', ensure you have "allow user contributed ingredients" to show for you:
upload_2020-4-30_10-19-54.png

That will show you all of the ones in the catalog. Please let me know if you have any questions about this!

Works now. Thanks for your help and apologies for posting in the forum about this when I clearly should have figured this out on my own. :)

Works now. Thanks for your help and apologies for posting in the forum about this when I clearly should have figured this out on my own. :)
Never hesitate to reach out if you're having problems!

We did find some of the listings were missing, and we'll work to get those added when time and priorities permit it.

No problem at all- and I know it's not at all intuitive. I'd like to have the options closer together, in the same place, so it would be more intuitive. Please let us know anytime you have any questions- that's what @Pricelessbrewing and I am here for, to assist customers and answer any questions. Oh, and we talk about beer and brewing too. :)

Back