Grassy flavors wanted

I tried a mix of Mozaic 1oz, Calypso 1oz, and Galaxy 1oz as a late but long dry hop (10 days) as well as a combination of them + an oz of cascade during the boil (sorry - I cant remember the schedule and deleted the recipe) for an attempt at a DIPA. It definitely aged to grassy after bottling. Not my thing (hence the deleted recipe) but if grassy is what your looking for, give it a try.

I tried a mix of Mozaic 1oz, Calypso 1oz, and Galaxy 1oz as a late but long dry hop (10 days) as well as a combination of them + an oz of cascade during the boil (sorry - I cant remember the schedule and deleted the recipe) for an attempt at a DIPA. It definitely aged to grassy after bottling. Not my thing (hence the deleted recipe) but if grassy is what your looking for, give it a try.
I'd say that's from Galaxy more do I found that stuff don't like to hang around in the fermentor too long without the Grassiness becoming apparent.

I'd say that's from Galaxy more do I found that stuff don't like to hang around in the fermentor too long without the Grassiness becoming apparent.
I've been reading (again): The beer extracts most of the dry "hoppiness" in about 18-36 hours. Longer than that is inviting grassiness or vegetal flavors. Use these numbers for comparison, actual mileage may vary....

About 3 days seems right to me.

Back