Costing missing

Crookedeyeboy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have added all my inventory items in and added the costs, but for some reason Yeast won't show a cost in the final recipe when its all added up.
Also if I click on the £0 button when editing the recipe it still won't let me edit the value even when at the top it says you should be able to.
Thanks

Hi
I have added all my inventory items in and added the costs, but for some reason Yeast won't show a cost in the final recipe when its all added up.
Also if I click on the £0 button when editing the recipe it still won't let me edit the value even when at the top it says you should be able to.
Thanks
Thanks for reaching out, unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce. Would you be able to share a public recipe that has this issue?

I was able to reproduce.
@paultaylormusic@yahoo.co.uk I was able to add the yeast via the little $ button to the right, so it's in there now. However, it should have been pulled from inventory so I've put in a ticket for this.
Thanks for the report, and I apologize for the issue.

I have a similar but wider issue. I Have just updated my entire inventory with unit costs. However, when I go into my existing recipies, it would appear that only the costs for fermentables have been pulled into the recipies - ie no costs for hops or yeast have been pulled through from my inventory. Note - this may work ok for new recipies created (not tried it yet), but not working for existimgh recipes.
Cheers

Can you give me a link to one of the recipes where this happened? I need to be able to see it and recreate it to put in a ticket. Thank you!

Here is a link to a public recipe of mine as an example –
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/edit/889630

This is showing costs for only 2 of the fermentables, and none of the hops or yeast used. I believe all have unit costs against them in my inventory. The few other recipes I have checked all seem to have costs included for all fermentables, but nothing else.

When I initially looked at this recipe, it showed ‘n/a’ in the cost field. When I then selected edit, the (partial) costs were populated and a total given. In fact, this is the case for all of y recipes – showing ‘n/a’ for cost until I edit and re-save them.

I’m not sure if it has any bearing, but this recipe is one I originally copied from someone else’s public recipe and then modified.

Many thanks

Here is a link to a public recipe of mine as an example –
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/edit/889630

This is showing costs for only 2 of the fermentables, and none of the hops or yeast used. I believe all have unit costs against them in my inventory. The few other recipes I have checked all seem to have costs included for all fermentables, but nothing else.

When I initially looked at this recipe, it showed ‘n/a’ in the cost field. When I then selected edit, the (partial) costs were populated and a total given. In fact, this is the case for all of y recipes – showing ‘n/a’ for cost until I edit and re-save them.

I’m not sure if it has any bearing, but this recipe is one I originally copied from someone else’s public recipe and then modified.

Many thanks
I just doubled check in your account, you'll see a new recipe called "pricelessbrewing testing cost" that's a copy of that recipe.

Your 889630 recipe is using public catalog ingredients and not your inventory. You can tell in the recipe view by the green hyperlinks (standard ingredients) vs the gray items (inventory). If you go into that recipe, remove those ingredients and replace them with the inventory list instead, the costs will update.

upload_2020-5-18_10-29-3.png
upload_2020-5-18_10-29-28.png

The issue may be that if you start a recipe, then add inventory items that match the ingredients in that recipe later, the recipe doesn't "match" the ingredients to your inventory unless you go back and tell it that they're inventory ingredients.

IE

Make recipe, include US-05 as my yeast.
Add US-05 to inventory, cost is $4.
Open recipe, no cost. Have to remove and re-add the US-05, or add the cost manually.

VS

Add US-05 to inventory.
Make recipe, add US-05 to recipe. Cost is added automatically.

This should probably be looked at to improve, if the names match and the properties all match, it should assume that it's the inventory item.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-18_10-29-21.png
    upload_2020-5-18_10-29-21.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 69
  • upload_2020-5-18_10-29-23.png
    upload_2020-5-18_10-29-23.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 84
I just doubled check in your account, you'll see a new recipe called "pricelessbrewing testing cost" that's a copy of that recipe.

Your 889630 recipe is using public catalog ingredients and not your inventory. You can tell in the recipe view by the green hyperlinks (standard ingredients) vs the gray items (inventory). If you go into that recipe, remove those ingredients and replace them with the inventory list instead, the costs will update.

View attachment 10121View attachment 10124

The issue may be that if you start a recipe, then add inventory items that match the ingredients in that recipe later, the recipe doesn't "match" the ingredients to your inventory unless you go back and tell it that they're inventory ingredients.

IE

Make recipe, include US-05 as my yeast.
Add US-05 to inventory, cost is $4.
Open recipe, no cost. Have to remove and re-add the US-05, or add the cost manually.

VS

Add US-05 to inventory.
Make recipe, add US-05 to recipe. Cost is added automatically.

This should probably be looked at to improve, if the names match and the properties all match, it should assume that it's the inventory item.
Yes! What you show above is a problem we have for nearly 100 recipes. Because we upgraded account to have a group which now requires manual entry for all of those recipes. Any help would be wonderful.

Yes! What you show above is a problem we have for nearly 100 recipes. Because we upgraded account to have a group which now requires manual entry for all of those recipes. Any help would be wonderful.
Thanks for adding to the request, we have an update coming to improve this functionality (as well as a couple other things related to inventory deductions) that we hope will make this feature smoother and more backwards compatible with recipes.

I will followup here once the status of that update changes, it is currently on beta but a couple more pressing issues have arisen and pushed this back a little bit.

Back