First all grain brew

Kenny.brews

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have bottled up my first all grain brew, i did single vessel BIAB (electric)
It was a self made recipie cause why not for a first go

Made approx 25 litres
5kg Gladfield ale malt
1kg Gladfield pilsner
500g oatmeal
mash @ 67 for one hour
30g Motueka @40mins
30g Motueka @20mins
30g Motueka @5mins
40g Motueka dry hop @4days
30g Motueka dry hop @ 6 days
US-05 yeast

I added zero water additions as we have some of the best water in the world here, and i will try that stuff down the track. It is looking great in the bottle and looked really hazy earlier on but has not cleared quite a bit in the bottle. I transered it to another bucket and cold crashed it for 24 hours, there was way too much oat and hop trub in the primary. I started it off directly on a heat pad but once i found my stc1000 i set it to between 16-20C. Let me know what you think. those hops smell real citrusy!

I have bottled up my first all grain brew, i did single vessel BIAB (electric)
It was a self made recipie cause why not for a first go

Made approx 25 litres
5kg Gladfield ale malt
1kg Gladfield pilsner
500g oatmeal
mash @ 67 for one hour
30g Motueka @40mins
30g Motueka @20mins
30g Motueka @5mins
40g Motueka dry hop @4days
30g Motueka dry hop @ 6 days
US-05 yeast

I added zero water additions as we have some of the best water in the world here, and i will try that stuff down the track. It is looking great in the bottle and looked really hazy earlier on but has not cleared quite a bit in the bottle. I transered it to another bucket and cold crashed it for 24 hours, there was way too much oat and hop trub in the primary. I started it off directly on a heat pad but once i found my stc1000 i set it to between 16-20C. Let me know what you think. those hops smell real citrusy!

Exciting man! Reading about and making your own recipes is one of the most exciting parts of homebrewing - the most exciting being that first sip after it is ready! You have a lot to look forward to! Congrats!

Now that you are doing all grain, have a brew system set-up and a self created brew under your belt, my recommendation would be to find or create a very simple blonde ale recipe and brew it over and over again to lock in consistency! You'll be glad you did come future batches! :) - A bonus then too is that the basic blonde ale recipe can become your base for practically every beer thereafter!

Don't forget to post a pic once you crack it and try it! I'd love to see and know what you think of your first batch!

Way to jump right in and congratulations on having the best water in the world! :cool::p

Congrats, hope it turns out good!

Back