"Other additions" not working

Megary

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
My water additions are not calculating for some reason. The additions were fine yesterday, but today as I'm trying to work on the recipe, no matter what I add to the Mash my Overall Water Report doesn't change. I could add a gallon of Lactic or a pound of Gypsum and...nothing. I opened up another old recipe and the same thing happened, I lost all mineral additions and the pH shot way up.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Any help from the mods would be appreciated.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/926612/american-wheat

You are NOT doing anything wrong! I've put in a ticket for this issue. It changes (at least for me) properly in the water calc that is linked, but doesn't carry over to the recipe builder. They are working on it right now, and hopefully we'll get it all corrected shortly. I'll keep you posted on the fix.

Thank you! I was losing what little was left of my mind.

I'm back in business! Thanks for fixing whatever needed fixing.

I'm back in business! Thanks for fixing whatever needed fixing.

Glad it's working for you (and everyone) now!

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime you have any issues, problems, questions, or just want to give us a comment.
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and others and we're working hard to ensure this will never happen again.

I am having a similar issue.
Trying to change vanilla bean to pure vanilla extract. Can't over write it, and can't add it separately.
There are plenty of vanilla options when browsing ingredients, but nothing comes up when I type in "van".
vanilla browse.JPG

try to add vanilla.JPG

other ingredient error.JPG

That one's back, I see... Was having a problem with it, then it stopped. Now it's back.

I am having a similar issue.
Trying to change vanilla bean to pure vanilla extract. Can't over write it, and can't add it separately.
There are plenty of vanilla options when browsing ingredients, but nothing comes up when I type in "van".
Submitting bug report now, obviously those ingredients exist in the ingredient database. It looks like the only other ingredients that are working are the water adjustment ingredients.

Thanks for the report, hope we can get this resolved asap.

Thanks for your patience everyone, we've had discussions for this for several months now internally. A stepping stone has finally been made and many ingredients have been added to the BF catalog.

I've added almost an additional 100 Other Ingredients to the BF catalog, selecting the most popular ingredients from users private ingredient lists, and most popular ingredients in the past 90 days. Many more spices, nutrients, and fining agents, have been added.

The browse / Other page will continue to show more ingredients for the time being, but if there is anything in particular you want to add let me know so we can review.

@Craigerrr @Nosybear @Megary

Edit: The expanded other ingredient catalog is available now on beta if you'd like to take a look. The changes should be released to the live site automatically tomorrow, if I understand how the database changes work.

Double edit: NVM, it's on live now!

Last edited:

Back