Help with what salts to add when please..

Yes definitely helpful thanks! Your brew looks tasty- similar hops to mine. Funny I've got simcoe and was wondering if I should add them to the mix. I thought maybe too piney for the golden promise malt?
It is piney for sure, but I do like that sort of thing! Here is oddly the only picture I have this rendition of this brew.
20200313_124038.jpg

Cool, a short distance from me then! Do either of you have much experience using safale 05 yeast? I understand it's very common but I have only used wyeast 1272 on beers like the one I'm about to do.

Except that I am in North America, and you are in the UK, yes, we are very close!

US-05 is a go to for me, it is a great performer. Always keep some on hand. Our HB club had the North American Rep in frome Fermentis for a seminar. He was adamant that there is no need to oxygenate wort that is 1060 or less, I have since not bothered oxygenating and have not noticed a difference in ferm time, or taste. My last batch ended up at 1063, 4 points high, and I pitched without aerating. Fermentation was normal, and QC samples tasted as expected.

Just a hop skip and a jump. US05 is a pretty easy to use yeast.

Here it is Bud, just posted this in what are you drinking right now.
Cit Ruby Cit, dank as EFF, and piney!
View attachment 9256
Oh that looks well nice! Cheers for the replies guys and I was being sarcastic about the distance, but that's something that us Brits do every day! I guess being a fairly clean and flocculent yeast, temp isn't much of a consideration regarding esters? I am planning on fermenting at 20 deg c (168 f)

20C should be fine with US05. I've never had temp control yet and it's came out clean.

I typically set my fridge at 19C for US-05, turn it to 20 when fermentation slows, but 20 will be just fine.

Back