Custom Brew Log entries

brucegodin

Trial Member
Reaction score
I would love to be able to make a custom Brew Log entry. Just an option in the menu called Custom that allows you to enter a custom name for a log entry. For things like cold crash as an example

I use the "other" on the list, and then fill out what I did, like this:
upload_2020-3-25_11-29-23.png

Is this another way that you are thinking of that would be more convenient/more intuitive? We love to hear ideas on making it better!

Thanks for getting back to me. I use Other too. I was just adding a Other entry for a cold crash and just thought it would be great if I could add a custom name for a brew log entry instead of just Other. So in the drop down there would be a an option to select custom and you could add whatever custom brew log entry name you wanted. Not a big deal, just an idea. Other works of course, as a catch all. I just think a custom option would allow more flexibility and would be preferable to Other for me. Instead of it saying Other in the event column, which is non-specific it could say “Cold Crash” as an example which is much more specific and exact.

Thanks for getting back to me. I use Other too. I was just adding a Other entry for a cold crash and just thought it would be great if I could add a custom name for a brew log entry instead of just Other. So in the drop down there would be a an option to select custom and you could add whatever custom brew log entry name you wanted. Not a big deal, just an idea. Other works of course, as a catch all. I just think a custom option would allow more flexibility and would be preferable to Other for me. Instead of it saying Other in the event column, which is non-specific it could say “Cold Crash” as an example which is much more specific and exact.

Ah, now I understand. The lightbulb was pretty dim until I read your response.

Let's see what we can do. I think allowing free text there is a great idea!

Back