Fun with Isolation

I'm probably going to go around 3 or so if my wife can get done work, I don't want to go early and cause problems but I want to try and aim for a low traffic time.

well my state just went to all non essential business shutting down, beer is essential right :p , I still haven't picked up my grain order and they said close by midnight Wednesday, I guess I have a big day ahead :eek:

well my state just went to all non essential business shutting down, beer is essential right :p , I still haven't picked up my grain order and they said close by midnight Wednesday, I guess I have a big day ahead :eek:
It's considered essential in Denver, as is pot.

Guess I don't even need to mention that beer is considered an essential foodstuff here in Germany.
Means there is a good chance the bottleshop around the corner will be staying open. And if they have to close the door, they still do delivery. :D
YAY!:D:p

Province of Ontario shut down all non essentials as of midnight yesterday. Same here, pot and booze are considered essential. Essential to our sanity...

Province of Ontario shut down all non essentials as of midnight yesterday. Same here, pot and booze are considered essential. Essential to our sanity...

More likely is the fact that they're huge sources of revenue.

Guess I don't even need to mention that beer is considered an essential foodstuff here in Germany.
Means there is a good chance the bottleshop around the corner will be staying open. And if they have to close the door, they still do delivery. :D
Here, they tried to make the liquor stores and dispensaries non-essential. As soon as announced, people began violating social distancing and queueing up for booze and pot. Fortunately our local government is pretty good, realized their error and changed the regulations. But you have to admit, it was amusing to see what people really want in a slow-motion apocalypse: Booze and pot.

As soon as I heard Wisconsin was going into lockdown, I made quick trip to my LHBS (Northern Brewer) and they had a tell us what you want and we'll get it for you process in place. Whatever is happening at the corporate level at Northern Brewer, I haven't seen any drop in great service at the retail store! They were running they asses off getting this and grinding that.

Edited....because fat fingers strike again! :confused:

Last edited:
Ditto here: Picked up supplies for two brews because I think we're shut in for a while yet. With the grain I mentioned in my "Challenge" thread, I have four brews here, less maybe hops and yeast.

@Nosybear, "slow motion apocalypse" you should copyright this phrase! It perfectly describes what's going on.

Edited because I can't spell either :oops:

Last edited:
@Nosybear, "slow motion apocolypse" you should copyright this phrase! It perfectly describes what's going on.
Yeah, never once imagined that the end of the world as we know it would be so banal. I'm wondering, do I have to order the leather clothes, piercings and tats or do they just show up on the front porch in an Amazon box? Do I have to go to a dealership to pick up my rat buggy? And when does the infinite supply of ammunition start to show up? Oh, the details. Just happy to have a marketable skill after the fall of civilization....

One thing that needs to be seriously addressed now is how the supermarkets are handling the elderly and high risk shoppers. They've been giving them early access before normal hours begin. It's a nice idea but horribly handled. Now you've got the most vulnerable in one spot, bunched up altogether in long lines.

One thing that needs to be seriously addressed now is how the supermarkets are handling the elderly and high risk shoppers. They've been giving them early access before normal hours begin. It's a nice idea but horribly handled. Now you've got the most vulnerable in one spot, bunched up altogether in long lines.
I see your point. On the other hand, at opening, the stores are cleanest, the shelves stocked the best, those pesky young people who think having COVID parties is cool aren't around.... Seems to be a reasonable trade-off to me. The biggest problem I have with the hours is it's at 6:00 a.m. I could suggest an improvement based on your issue, though: Distancing.

Yeah, never once imagined that the end of the world as we know it would be so banal. I'm wondering, do I have to order the leather clothes, piercings and tats or do they just show up on the front porch in an Amazon box? Do I have to go to a dealership to pick up my rat buggy? And when does the infinite supply of ammunition start to show up? Oh, the details. Just happy to have a marketable skill after the fall of civilization....

They only had like 4 bullets in Road Warrior, so the ammo may not show up.

Good point. Hopefully, the crowds will lessen after the first few days. We were among those in line at opening time only because we needed a few staples and didn't know how availability was. It appears that, at least here, the shorter hours are allowing the stores to concentrate on cleaning and stocking shelves. That, along with limits on the most hoarded items, should greatly improve things and reduce the crowds.

More likely is the fact that they're huge sources of revenue.
While that is true Bob, one of the risks of closing booze and pot outlets is the potential for a spike in crime.
There is precious little in the way of recreation, please don't deny us our artificial joy...

Back