Boil to Mouth....

My average is 12 to 16 days. Electric all in one system, but did the same with EMIAB. Of this time, 3 to 4 days are in the keg. IIRC, 10 days was my shortest.

My shortest Grain to Glass was 8 days, beer was ok, I’m a more “let it be” kind of brewer, 3 weeks in the fermenter, into the keg for 24-30hrs to carb up and 2-3 days it’s ready for the glass.

8 days from grain to glass with a kveik braggot is my fastest, but even then it needed an extra week in the keg before it was really good. I have a fairly typical (beginner's) 3 vessel propane setup, and for kveik I ferment in reflectix wrapped glass carboys with an inkbird and heating pad.

Hopefully I'll be able to move from glass to fermenting in kegs soon though - carrying that thing full of wort always makes me nervous.
Word to the wise, those glass carboys can be very dangerous. After having a significant chunk of skin removed from my right index finger, I got rid of all of my glass carboys, and purchsed 2 30L Speidel HDPE fermenters.

Word to the wise, those glass carboys can be very dangerous. After having a significant chunk of skin removed from my right index finger, I got rid of all of my glass carboys, and purchsed 2 30L Speidel HDPE fermenters.

I'm keenly aware of that danger every time I have to move it :p. My only hang-up with HDPE and PET fermenters is when it comes to using heating pads and belts - IIRC they have issues when it comes to temperatures over ~140f, and temperatures can rise above that at point of contact with the heater (at least with mine).

On a Hefe, I typically am 10 days grain to glass.
I haven't gotten into the "Hot" fermenting yeasts yet, but I bet you could shorten that.
That being said, other than a Hefe, I think most beers benefit from a couple weeks of conditioning.
Cheers,
Brian

27 days. It was a SMaSH using US-05. I could have rushed it, probably didn't need a full two weeks in Primary. That with dry hopping, then cold crashing, it all added up.

On a Hefe, I typically am 10 days grain to glass.
I haven't gotten into the "Hot" fermenting yeasts yet, but I bet you could shorten that.
That being said, other than a Hefe, I think most beers benefit from a couple weeks of conditioning.
Cheers,
Brian
Ditto. In fact I try to do at least 1 hefe a year simply because it's really the only way I have found to get that fresh goodness.
7days fermenting
2days cold crash
1 day shaking keg at random to force carb
It doesn't last long after that.
If ferment goes well even a little quicker.

Back