What's your next brew

Rebrewing this!
Low Speed Chase
It came in a bit higher than planned last brew at 4.9%, expect to hit 4.5% this time.
One of the most delicious beers I have made to date.
Planning to try and always have it on tap moving forward, at least until I get sick of it!
Fermented with VOSS at 39C under pressure, went from grain to glass in 6 days last time.

1712161610979.png

Retirement Ale up next for me. Coming up on 1 year of retirement!!!
Congrats on the anniversary. I got forced into retirement 3 years ago because of extended recovery (14 months total) after having both rotator cuffs repaired. I wasn't really ready (in my mind), but that was probably before I figured out just how big a favor they were doing me. I was an industrial field services electrical engineer, which can be a brutal career, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I was actually already retired three years prior to that one (early retirement after being sold off by previous employer), but only in name. I got early retirement when they sold us, including a couple very nice supplements on my pension. For about 3 years, I was getting two paychecks, one for working, and one for not working. Made a lot of small debts go away and stashed a lotta real retirement funds. Since the company that bought our division forced me out on disability, I've been drawing disability insurance which is completely non-taxable and don't have to touch my Social Security until I'm full retirement age (next February). Finances and medical coverage are a bit wonky and complicated and expensive, especially since the missus is 10 years younger. But I've adjusted to the retirement life, quite well. It's WONDERFUL to get outta bed when I want to, and the only person I have to report to is the missus. It's good to have only one boss.

Link the recipe. Wouldn't mind looking at it.

Congrats on the anniversary. I got forced into retirement 3 years ago because of extended recovery (14 months total) after having both rotator cuffs repaired. I wasn't really ready (in my mind), but that was probably before I figured out just how big a favor they were doing me. I was an industrial field services electrical engineer, which can be a brutal career, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I was actually already retired three years prior to that one (early retirement after being sold off by previous employer), but only in name. I got early retirement when they sold us, including a couple very nice supplements on my pension. For about 3 years, I was getting two paychecks, one for working, and one for not working. Made a lot of small debts go away and stashed a lotta real retirement funds. Since the company that bought our division forced me out on disability, I've been drawing disability insurance which is completely non-taxable and don't have to touch my Social Security until I'm full retirement age (next February). Finances and medical coverage are a bit wonky and complicated and expensive, especially since the missus is 10 years younger. But I've adjusted to the retirement life, quite well. It's WONDERFUL to get outta bed when I want to, and the only person I have to report to is the missus. It's good to have only one boss.

Link the recipe. Wouldn't mind looking at it.
Amen to that!!! I'll try and link the recipe. It's kind of a wonky recipe. tried to keep it low ABV and hopping schedule may seem backwards.

I decided to wait on the honey lime lager because I ordered some equipment to (hopefully) make chilling wort more efficient. I'm craving another dry cider, so I might venture to the grocery store tomorrow and buy several jugs of apple juice. Or I'll feel lazy and brew another pale ale because I already have the ingredients on hand lol

My next brew will be another rendition of Wheat Ale, with some minor tweaks from last time. For the first time, I will be using Cellar Science Cali dry yeast, and since lhbs was out of honey malt, I subbed in a quarter pound of melanoidin malt. This brew will get a half ounce of Mandarina Bavaria as a dry hop, a few days before bottling or kegging.

My next brew will be another rendition of Wheat Ale, with some minor tweaks from last time. For the first time, I will be using Cellar Science Cali dry yeast, and since lhbs was out of honey malt, I subbed in a quarter pound of melanoidin malt. This brew will get a half ounce of Mandarina Bavaria as a dry hop, a few days before bottling or kegging.
I have a brew in my queue that calls for honey malt, I don't have any, but I do have some melanoidin.
I take it that this is a good substitute then?

Just brewed a few days ago but i
l brew another Scottish 60 or 70 shilling on the yeast from this batch. Probably the same grist I used in this one Just maybe varying the OG a bit.

I have a brew in my queue that calls for honey malt, I don't have any, but I do have some melanoidin.
I take it that this is a good substitute then?
Looking for subs, Melanoidin is the first malt that comes up. However, if you are trying to hit a certain color, Melanoidin could thwart your plans. I don’t mind if it changes the color, as long as the beer tastes good when it is ready. I am using 4 ounces of Melanoidin in a grain bill weighing 4.25 pounds, or nearly 6% by weight. According to the Recipe Builder, the color is only slightly changed by this substitution.

I use 2% in my German lagers. I’ve read a mix of melanoidan and light crystal is a good sub for honey. Not seen a recipe with 6% melanoidan before. Interested

Looking for subs, Melanoidin is the first malt that comes up. However, if you are trying to hit a certain color, Melanoidin could thwart your plans. I don’t mind if it changes the color, as long as the beer tastes good when it is ready. I am using 4 ounces of Melanoidin in a grain bill weighing 4.25 pounds, or nearly 6% by weight. According to the Recipe Builder, the color is only slightly changed by this substitution.
Recipe calls for 210 grams (7.4oz) for 5% of the grist

Next brew will be "Hawkbox IPA", it will be a little while though, probably mid to late May.
With trailer season upon us (May 1 to Oct 31), it will be more difficult to find time to brew, Sunday evenings may be my new go to brew time.
If you don't recall, I wasn't able to brew for a year and a half due to a back injury.
After getting back at it last February I was able to brew 10 batches.
I have already done 6 batches this year, yay me!

Back