What’s for dinner?

On some rice or tacos?

Both look great!
PXL_20230924_211954480.jpg
PXL_20230924_234533068.jpg

Homemade cornbread! Soooooo good!

Ohhh noice never had corn bread!
More like a corn cake, but not sweet, a little bit salty. Great with butter on it, or with chili, or as a toasted muffin. I'm sure all of the ingredients are available locally to you, maybe give it a try someday. Corn is naturally gluten-free, but as you know you have to watch out with that.

French fries with satay sauce
Crispy fries, nice tang in the sauce. I had loads of veges for lunch, so I allowed myself this ;)
Most difficult part of the meal was to keep the gas burner going with the wind we got at the moment.
Most dangerous part was deep frying with heavy wind and having had a couple of ciders. I deep fry in a small cast iron wok over gas
IMG_20231213_184755_489.jpg

Screenshot_20231213-192707.jpg

French fries with satay sauce
Crispy fries, nice tang in the sauce. I had loads of veges for lunch, so I allowed myself this ;)
Most difficult part of the meal was to keep the gas burner going with the wind we got at the moment.
Most dangerous part was deep frying with heavy wind and having had a couple of ciders. I deep fry in a small cast iron wok over gas
View attachment 27639

View attachment 27640
Looks Great!

Looks yummy, that’s a perfect gravy lake in the mashed potatoes

Just stumbled upon this forum and I'm loving the vibes. So, tonight's dinner dilemma brought me to this corn cake idea, and trust me, it's a game-changer! Not the sweet type, a tad salty instead. Slathered with butter or paired with chili, it's a win-win. And guess what? All the ingredients are probably hanging out at your local market.

Corn, the hero here, is like the unsung hero of nature foods, naturally gluten-free, you know the drill. Give it a shot sometime! It's like a cozy hug for your taste buds.

Back