What are you drinking right now?

Smithwick's is great! A few years ago I got in the ballpark (more like the parking lot) with one of my recipes. I would love to brew your recipe Josh? Could you share it?
20240324_143406.jpg
Yup, quite tasty. I did manage to sneak out for two hours to get two pints at a local brewery. I also found out the blueberry farm is open, so I was obligated to spend another $13 for two pounds of fresh blueberries. Well worth it since the Publix ones are shit right now.

MyDSC21-138.jpg

Woodforde's Wherry (English Amber Ale) from their own clone extract kit. ABV: 4.5% at 8 months. Dry hopped experiment with Amarillo, Cascade, Boadicea and Goldings. Achieved a subtle sour/tanginess on top I prefer to my previous effort which was actually closer to the original. Very refreshing and moreish session type ale.

Gave a friend a sample of the Wee Heavy the other night, he looked at me and said "this tastes like Innis & Gunn", so I must have done something right! Maybe I should call it "Innis and Machine Gunn" (8.7%)...
20240329_162655.jpg

20240329_194442.jpg
The Oat Pale Lager that would not post last week. I went up again tonight for this beer and cheese curds in pizza dough. I will cry again when they close next month. Crazy shit these days. Not much time to enjoy things, so might as well appreciate everything I can. I have a handful of places that I like around here and can be a beer geek. That is one of my favorites. They have a dude on Friday night for music bingo that I like to Bs with about 80s albums while he is setting up too.

Last edited:
2nd iteration of my attempt for the perfect house pale ale. This was kegged this morning, so maybe it'll improve in the keg. Already thinking of tweaks for the next one
View attachment 28902
That looks great! Makes me a bit thirsty if I'm being honest....
It looks like you have got a perfect head on there, so your method of forced carbonation must be good.

Mind sharing it?

I just started kegging, and my first attempt at forced carb resulted in an over carbed beer, which took me a bunch of hit and miss adjustments to correct.

I watch a couple of U-Tube videos, and followed exactly, but something must have gone wrong; not sure what though.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could share, or point me to a video that could assist with my forced carbonation.

Thanks!

That looks great! Makes me a bit thirsty if I'm being honest....
It looks like you have got a perfect head on there, so your method of forced carbonation must be good.

Mind sharing it?

I just started kegging, and my first attempt at forced carb resulted in an over carbed beer, which took me a bunch of hit and miss adjustments to correct.

I watch a couple of U-Tube videos, and followed exactly, but something must have gone wrong; not sure what though.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could share, or point me to a video that could assist with my forced carbonation.

Thanks!
What kind of line are you running?

Come hell or high water, I am brewing next month, this store bought shit is tolerable, but I can do better.
My vote is for high water.
Also depends on the store. Publix, not so much.

Back