What are you drinking right now?

Schwarzbier
1702172709158.jpeg

Stout
@Zefram

This is the one I racked on top of the frozen cranberries and cherries. The taste is Stout first, with some cranberry flavor, and maybe a touch of sweetness from the cherries. I wonder if I were to share one of these, would the drinker even notice the fruit? Maybe I didn’t use enough fruit (3# for 3 gallons), maybe I didn’t bust the fruit up enough before adding to the secondary, maybe I just didn’t let it secondary long enough (one week). Maybe all 3. Not sure.

Still, I’m not complaining. It’s a really nice beer regardless.

IMG_1829.jpeg

I simply LOVE the looks of this beer. That is absolutely gorgeous. I REALLY need to try a Helles recipe.
Pilsner malt. 20 ibu of a noble hop. 2% melanoidan malt

5-10% Munich if you want more bread and less cracker.

I used 5% Carahell and 2% melanoidan on this batch.

Wayner's pale ale with Eclipse and Topaz hops. Also, I whipped up some lime sparkling water yesterday. I added the zest and juice from 3 limes into 4 gallons filtered water and put it under pressure at 30 psi overnight. It's enjoyable for a first attempt!View attachment 27634
For the seltzer: would you change anything?

For the seltzer: would you change anything?
I meant to fill with 5 gallons of water but had to change projects. It's only been a day, so I don't know how it'll taste as a final product yet. Definitely needs more carbonation and bite. I'm a little nervous about the lime juice going bad since it's diluted so much. Hopefully the cold temperature and sanitized keg will keep it from going wonky. So to answer your question...not sure yet, so stay tuned!

Back