That's it you're screwed (marry me )

Well, I was already here when it happened, but the day George W. got elected president I lost all desire to ever move back.
At one point in the past, I had the "Aufenthaltsgehnemigung". That was when I was still married to my first wife. Since I took my retirement in cash, I don't think it's any good any more. "Sigh". There goes one opportunity. Full disclosure, I'm not a Hillary fan but it's amazing to me that the very people who will be most vulnerable if the Donald can implement his "policies" are those who voted for him.

I just hope he doesn't make home brewing illegal to help business

At one point in the past, I had the "Aufenthaltsgehnemigung".
What used to be the "unbefristite Aufenthaltsgenehmigung" is now the "Niederlassungserlaubnis" (gotta love those long german words :)), and you get a card that looks like a german ID card (Germany has now in the 21st century caught up with the 20th century and have cards in credit card format).

I couldn't bring myself to vote for either, and for the first time in my adult life, I didn't vote...
I've recognized for a long time now that the voting system in america is plain and simply broken, but this year I finally gave up even trying to follow my own principle of "vote, because it is your voice". Just like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, at some point it just become obvious that some things aren't true and don't exist. :(

I think this electoral voting is crap, its just way to get things done quicker but not at all accurate and government is base on just that

Take a week to count I don't care but be accurate

Try Australia's political system where they will fine you if you don't vote for one of the dummies! So not only do you not wish to see either running the country but your forced to vote or else face fines. I don't think it's much but the sex party and marijuana party usually get a few votes:p.

See now communism looks soooo easy:eek:

you don't have to vote Ben , You do have to get ticked off the roll though
last time i added a box for my preferred candidate and drew a picture of a duck

Our preference deals are the shadiest part of the system , so many here forget that we only get to vote for a local member or senator not for the head of state
For our foreign friends , even different states here have differing systems
i have to vote for local council , 2 state houses and then federal member and a senator

I actually like the idea of proportional voting. That way more voices wind up in the Legislature and the powerful sometimes have to compromise to make a majority. But it won't change here. The Electoral College always serves whoever won the last election.

if you a decent woman in close to the 30-40 yr old age bracket and looking to leave america now that you have a massive tool for a president .
happy to move to Australia , defy our million different deadly creatures
i can perhaps agree to do us both a favour and marry you so you dont have to live under him

we are much like Canada without the snow , liberal civil minded people and we even use the metric system

BTW i'm tall , dark and almost handsome and make decent beer

I'm sorry I"m too old for you. Well, that and I'm already married. And I'm not tall, dark, nor handsome. And, I can make my own beer also come to think of it. But thanks for the offer! :)

i'd actually forgotten how this thread started Yooper , Tongue very much in cheek on first post
Married is the deal breaker there i'm afraid , our little island has some very strange ideas about marriage here
Bigamy and same sex is illegal but i could go on a TV show and marry a woman i've never met .

Nosy another downside to our system of only voting for a local member is that because we don't nominate our leader it comes down to whomever is running the majority party , Our PM 's have changed over night before and may well do again

Interesting trend with this political thread....wouldn't have taken home brewers to be such a progressive group. It also is interesting to see the international take; I wasn't aware that this forum was as international as it is. Muy interesante...

Agreed. Beer is a universal language.

I suppose I'll stay out of the political threads, since I did the realize the calendar year impacts ones political leanings. ☺

To each their own, cheers!

And you think you have it bad!
Over here we have -
Brexit
Theresa May
Boris
:eek:
And the alternative is -
Corbyn
:rolleyes:
However, on the upside, we do have lots of microbreweries, all producing good ale.
Cheers! :)

Helps keep you sane whilst the insane point fingers at each other and insult one another on TV. Oh lets have a look on the box and see what the circus is up to today lol.

Helps keep you sane whilst the insane point fingers at each other and insult one another on TV. Oh lets have a look on the box and see what the circus is up to today lol.
I've stopped looking. The word to describe politics in the US today is surreal.

Back