Temperatura Chiller

L.R.S BREWER CERVECERO CASERO

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hola, me construí este Chiller para mi fermentador, no lo logro bajar la temperatura del fermentador de 4.5ºC, lleva mezcla de Glicol.
Alguien tiene algún tipo de solución.
temperatura fermentador.jpg

Hola, me construí este Chiller para mi fermentador, no lo logro bajar la temperatura del fermentador de 4.5ºC, lleva mezcla de Glicol.
Alguien tiene algún tipo de solución.
View attachment 28528
Translation for us English speakers:
Hello, I built this Chiller for my fermenter, I can't lower the temperature of the fermenter to 4.5ºC, it has a Glycol mixture.
Does anyone have some kind of solution.

@L.R.S BREWER CERVECERO CASERO, I don't have a glycol chiller but, others on the forum do. They should be able to help you out.
No tengo un enfriador de glicol, pero otros en el foro sí. Ellos deberían ser capaces de ayudarte.

This pretty common. They call it the 40 degree wall. Lol.

It's caused by crashing too fast. Once you start to approach the freezing point of the water in the beer, the coil will start to ice from the super cold glycol. The ice insulates the coil and you can't get it cooler.

I usualy crash to about 50 F degrees quickly and then to 34F over the next 24-36 hours.

Also, how warm is that room? Insulating the fermenter and the glycol lines helps alot

Esto es bastante común. Lo llaman el muro de los 40 grados. Jajaja.

Es causado por chocar demasiado rápido. Una vez que empieces a acercarte al punto de congelación del agua de la cerveza, el serpentín comenzará a congelarse debido al glicol súper frío. El hielo aísla la bobina y no se puede enfriar.

Por lo general, caigo rápidamente a unos 50 grados F y luego a 34 F durante las siguientes 24 a 36 horas.
Que me recomiendas que haga.

At first, cool the beer to only 50 F (10 C). Once temperature is stable, then cool Slowly (24-36 hours) to 1-2 C.

Al principio, enfría la cerveza a solo 50 F (10 C). Una vez que la temperatura sea estable, enfríe lentamente (24-36 horas) a 1-2 C.

I dont speak spanish, so bear with me. using google translate.

if you have the ability to ramp the temp slowely, I would do that. if not then you could manually lower the temp by 1 or 2 degrees every 1 or two hours. this give the coils time to defrost between chilling cycles.

No hablo español, así que tengan paciencia conmigo. usando el traductor de Google.

Si tienes la capacidad de aumentar la temperatura lentamente, lo haría. De lo contrario, podría reducir manualmente la temperatura en 1 o 2 grados cada 1 o dos horas. esto les da tiempo a los serpentines para descongelarse entre ciclos de enfriamiento.

It is a very normal thing. Cold crashing beer down below 4C isnt really needed. At that temp you can do everything you need todo with the beer. Im able to force carb tanks fairly quickly all the way up to 8 to 10C. My gear is a little different obviously, my carb stones are 12 inches long and i can push up to 50psi through the stones and my tanks can handle a lot more pressure then most homebrewing gear.

Even on much larger tanks(60 to 120bbls) they will stop down closer to 4C.

Translation for us English speakers:
Hello, I built this Chiller for my fermenter, I can't lower the temperature of the fermenter to 4.5ºC, it has a Glycol mixture.
Does anyone have some kind of solution.
space bar clicker
@L.R.S BREWER CERVECERO CASERO, I don't have a glycol chiller but, others on the forum do. They should be able to help you out.
No tengo un enfriador de glicol, pero otros en el foro sí. Ellos deberían ser capaces de ayudarte.
Crashing too quickly causes it. The coil will begin to frost up from the extremely cold glycol as you get close to the beer's water freezing point. The coil is insulated by the ice, and it cannot be cooled any further.

Back