Random Photos.

New beer labels have arrived. Vinyl clings, reusable and writable with erasable markers.

The logo says Swiss Witch Beer, which is a nod to my wife's family history of having an ancestor burned as a witch, as was the fashion in our area of the world about 5 centuries ago. My family were all just farmers and not interesting, so I had to use her history, as she has a long history in the cantonal Diet (the ruling nobility of the Middle Ages in Switzerland), and even has a castle that has her family name maybe 15 km from our house.

View attachment 29393
Where did you get them?

I ordered them from the US. GrogTags was the company.
Ok. I have labels from them. Really good quality. Unless they are different than what I got. They don't come off in one piece

New beer labels have arrived. Vinyl clings, reusable and writable with erasable markers.

The logo says Swiss Witch Beer, which is a nod to my wife's family history of having an ancestor burned as a witch, as was the fashion in our area of the world about 5 centuries ago. My family were all just farmers and not interesting, so I had to use her history, as she has a long history in the cantonal Diet (the ruling nobility of the Middle Ages in Switzerland), and even has a castle that has her family name maybe 15 km from our house.

View attachment 29393

I love history and it is so cool that you and your wife can trace your history back so far. The best I can do is Ancestry.com tells me, according to my DNA, I am distantly related to Albert Einstein! Something like cousins 13 time removed. So, when anyone sarcastically asks "Who do you think you are, Einstein?" I answer "Almost!" ;)

Northern lights on May 10th. Quite cool.
IMG_4741.jpeg

I love history and it is so cool that you and your wife can trace your history back so far. The best I can do is Ancestry.com tells me, according to my DNA, I am distantly related to Albert Einstein! Something like cousins 13 time removed. So, when anyone sarcastically asks "Who do you think you are, Einstein?" I answer "Almost!" ;)

Switzerland is a small country, and nothing ever really happened here, so a lot of church records, land deeds, government records and such still exist. It is especially easy if you have an unusual family name, but perhaps more complicated if your name is Müller or Fischer where hundreds of different families had that last name because it is just a common job based name. Like the English name Smith. My name is pretty unique, so it is easy to follow the history, especially as the history is in the same few towns within a radius of maybe 15 km.

Last edited:
20240517_191134.jpg
why did I think of an old Washington DC Shock Jock when I saw this outside a local brewery yesterday....

View attachment 29393
I like the "Free refill on bottle return".

Aber teilweise auf Englisch und teilweise auf Deutsch!

Was a pleasure Josh. If there was a ferry from Mentor to Toronto I'd have headed North to see @The Brew Mentor and @Craigerrr, but then I realized I didn't have my passport.

Getting into Canada wouldn't be a problem, but getting back out... Not to get political, but the USA only lets people without passports in on the Mexican border...
I worked surveying cell towers years ago and was told we could get in and out of Port Rico with just a drivers license, that may have changed

I worked surveying cell towers years ago and was told we could get in and out of Port Rico with just a drivers license, that may have changed
That is true. Well Canada is really its own country, Puerto Rico is almost the state: it's a territory of the United States.

Was a pleasure Josh. If there was a ferry from Mentor to Toronto I'd have headed North to see @The Brew Mentor and @Craigerrr, but then I realized I didn't have my passport.

Getting into Canada wouldn't be a problem, but getting back out... Not to get political, but the USA only lets people without passports in on the Mexican border...
I am pretty sure you need a passport to get into Canada.

Back in the day I could also get into Mexico with my driver's license, I know that's changed

Back