Other hobbies

Made my own timber sea kayak last year took a bit of time took about a whole year chipping away at it in spare time invisioned romantic trips up the Noosa river here in qld with wifey but I'm thinking kayaking ain't her cup a tea ah well more room for fishing gear:p
We have a stretched hide sea kayak that the owner's brother made hanging on the ceiling of the brewery. We ran lights inside of it and light it at night! its pretty need. Still fully functional, but the brother moved to Colorado and was happy to donate it to the cause. We have a second one but we are trying to figure out where to put it.

I love kayaking, spent about a month kayaking around the islands outside of Danpier(sp?) WA. It was amazing. Spent a second month Backpacking in the King Leopold Range. Beautiful place, lots of great memories.

We have a stretched hide sea kayak that the owner's brother made hanging on the ceiling of the brewery. We ran lights inside of it and light it at night! its pretty need. Still fully functional, but the brother moved to Colorado and was happy to donate it to the cause. We have a second one but we are trying to figure out where to put it.

I love kayaking, spent about a month kayaking around the islands outside of Danpier(sp?) WA. It was amazing. Spent a second month Backpacking in the King Leopold Range. Beautiful place, lots of great memories.
Noice mate that's some remote parts of Australia you woulda seen a bit of Australia's Iron ore and Gas refineries over there.

I spent some time working on a pearl boat as far south as Exmouth and then all the way up north past Broome around the Kimberlies across to Darwin.

Danpier is north Broome aye them King Leopold Ranges are in the Kimberlies Aye?

Rugged land ...

Noice mate that's some remote parts of Australia you woulda seen a bit of Australia's Iron ore and Gas refineries over there.

I spent some time working on a pearl boat as far south as Exmouth and then all the way up north past Broome around the Kimberlies across to Darwin.

Danpier is north Broome aye them King Leopold Ranges are in the Kimberlies Aye?

Rugged land ...
Very rugged. We were backpacking in Aboriginal land. Up to 2 days major medical. Got a food resupply every 9 days while backpacking and 7 while kayaking. Went with the National Outdoor Leadership program back in 2006. There we 12 of us plus 2 instructors.

Def saw the refineries off Danpier. We actually shut down a major shipping lane doing a 17km open water crossing while kayaking.

Last edited:
Very rugged. We were backpacking in Aboriginal land. Up to 2 days major medical. Got a food resupply every 9 days while backpacking and 7 while kayaking. Went with the National Outdoor Leadership program back in 2006. There we 12 of us plus 2 instructors.

Def saw the refineries off Danpier. We actually shut down a major shipping lane doing a 17km open water crossing while kayaking.
Brave man!

Them Ships are huge I remember watching them getting loaded with Iron ore at Port Headland.

Oh and stopping for the massive ore Trains on the way out to karijini one of the best spots in Australia

Karijini National Park

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ndl=-1&shem=lbse,lsp&source=sh/x/loc/act/m1/2

If you do come back check it out Amazing and in the middle of the desert you wouldn't think all that water would be there

One lonely acoustic back in the corner, poor thing!
Very nice collection!
The little acoustic is set up for slide playing. There is one more acoustic in the case on the floor, a nice Japanese Takamine. I don't play much acoustic guitar, as you might guess from the photo. :)

Them little chick's are growing up nestled under my newly planted banana on the hay
20231108_164718.jpg

And my favourite chook Aka Brownie helping herself to some ginger beer
20231108_170802.jpg

Yup she approves lol
20231108_170811.jpg

Now how do you tell if a chic is a rooster one of them is growing much quicker than the others in my daughters arms...
20231108_063732.jpg

She's a chook whisperer already putting it to sleep!

Oh my gosh Ben!
She has grown up so fast!

Been out in my kayak that I built. It's been too long between drinks for this girl
20231227_143224.jpg

Went way up painters Creek it branches off the main Maroochy River pictured above
20231227_131334.jpg

I can get way farther up the river In this and sooo peaceful no power boats
20231227_123934.jpg

CHEERS

Back